Jump to content
Chinese-Forums
  • Sign Up

Poem by the 6th Dalai Lama - 见与不见 To See, or Not To See


Recommended Posts

Posted

I thought some of you may enjoy this beautifully emotive poem that my Qigong teacher read out on my birthday recently. It was originally penned by the 6th Dalai Lama Tsangyang Gyatso who was notorious for writing love poems - intriguing man for anyone interested in googling him - it was also used in a Chinese film called "If You Are The One2”. Hopefully the English translation is ok.

to-see-or-not-to-see.jpg

见与不见 To See, or Not To See

你见,或者不见我

Whether you see me or not

我就在那里

I'm right here

不悲不喜

Not sad not glad

你念,或者不念我

Whether you miss me or not

情就在那里

The affection is right here

不来不去

Not rising not falling

你爱,或者不爱我

Whether you love me or not

爱就在那里

The love is right here

不增不减

No more no less

你跟,或者不跟我

Whether you accompany me or not

我的手就在你手里

My hand is in yours

不离不弃

Not clinging not giving

来我的怀里

Come into my arms

或者让我住进你的心里

Or let me reside in your heart

默然 相爱

Love with serenity

寂静 欢喜

Rejoice in silence

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...