Chinese-Forums

How can i ask a chinese girl out?

csite

Hi Guys,

I am new to this forum, well anyways, i will get to the point.

I am really interested in thise chinese girl whome i saw 3 days ago when i went out with my friends, she is a friend of my friend's friend. :roll:

How ever, here is my problem, i am not sure she speaks much english, she seemed pretty shy and my friends kept on telling me chinese girls are very concervative, they would never date a foreigner.

I am Iranian or persian as i like to put it, she is chinese, i have known my chinese friends for well over 8 years now, during this time i got to know more about chinese culture and the fact that my friends parents are very strict on certain issues, they wouldn't even let him move in with me before his parents really got to know me because they thought i could be a terrorist just because i originated from iran.

I am not sure if the age matters, i am 20, she is 21, i live in edinburgh (UK) studying software engineering, she lives in york(UK) doing graphic design.

I need some tips on how i should make my move to date this girl, i don't want to make the wrong move or give her the wrong ideas about me, and i didn't want to ask for help from my friends because all they did was to put me down telling me i have no chance with her because she seemed too concervative.

Most young urban Chinese aren't racist towards Iranians. They like Iran's football team and I've found that a lot of them would root for them.

I find that Iranian and Chinese cultures share many many similarities. Treat her how you would treat a girl from Tabriz and you've got a good chance at getting her.

If she is really conservative, then you did the right thing by not consulting your friends. She might feel embarassed if everyone would know that you were trying to start a relationship with her.

Whether she speaks a lot of English or not doesn't matter. Being able to speak more than one language enables you to be patient with her language abilities. Invite your friends and her out for some koobideh and saffron rice, they'll be surprised how much they like it.

Courting a conservative Chinese girl can be a long process, but I have a good Iranian friend who successfully got the Chinese girl he was after. Good luck!

Courting a conservative Chinese girl can be a long process, but I have a good Iranian friend who successfully got the Chinese girl he was after. Good luck!

From my experience I truely believe the conservative image is just a screen (or sharade sp?). I've seen so many girls that pretend to be shy and innocent to merely defend themselves from guys they don't like.

I know of a few girls that would use the *conservative* excuses on mediocre looking guys but would be dating good-looking guys the week after. It didn't matter if they were Chinese or Western.

However, previously living in a University Dormitory, I knew of many racist Chinese girls that didn't like Indians, blacks or middle-easterns. And no, I'm not making this up. Though I have seen many Middle-eastern guys with Chinese girls in my life-time.

Age is another dodgy excuse that is used for rejection. They find out how old you are and say, "oh I only date older guys"; or "my parents think I'm too young to date". Then you see them dating younger good-looking guys the week after.

csite,

I think, you do the right thing being patient. Like wannabeabreak, said about the age difference. In my opinion, if your in your early 20's who cares. More young people around this age don't mind socializing and it is ok, but it is still important to understand her parents background. I do agreed, with everyone else's responds, most Asians, have similar traditions like in middle-east; not fully, but some similarities.

If this girl doesn't speak English and you don't speak Chinese, what on Earth would you do with her? Even if you could win her over, without being able to communicate, I can't imagine it would be a very satisfying relationship once you get past the initial exciting few weeks.

• 4 weeks later...