Chinese-Forums

Characters needed in Unicode...

Kennin

heitou.jpg

and

kenninlogo.gif

There are two characters I cannot manage to find in unicode.

Originally, I tried to find them as Japanese characters, but aparantly, they are not well known in the Japanese language, hence I ask it here.

From the first image, it's the first character. I already have the second one (倒), as you can see.

From the second image, it's the second character, while I have the first one (剣).

Thank you very much for any help!

Thank you VERY much for your effort!

Yet... aren't these two different characters?

The one I'm looking for is merely the combination of "人" and "忍" while the symbol you posted is a merge of "人" and "怱" which is in some way the opposite, isn't it?

"忍" meaning "patience", and "怱" meaning "impatience"...

Please forgive my ignorance if I'm mistaking.

Based on the pronunciation of the Japanese character, I am guessing the first character in the first picture is 撆.

But I have no idea what it actually means... where did these characters originally come from? That might give a clue about the meaning...

The upper radicals are slightly different, however, I know that 幤 is a variant of 幣. Couldn't reconcile the upper-right radical though.

I was also unable to find anything else that looked reasonable when I searched by Japanese On Pronunciation at Unicode.org

If it does exist in Unicode, it seems that the documentation on the character is incomplete!

Have you asked the people at Mojikyo Institute if the character exists? They seem to be interested in this sort of thing...