Chinese-Forums

Bossa Nova

Koneko

波萨诺沃

Is this the right translation for Bossa Nova?

I am quite keen on the music used in the film, In the Mood for Love 花样年华, by Wong Kar-Wai. Where can find more Bossa Nova music from the Far East? Any recommendations welcome!

"Bengawan Solo", an Indonesian folksong is kind of Bossa Nova to me!

Thanks!

K.

Yeah, after a quick search on the Internet... :) looks like 波萨诺沃 is the right rendition. I've also found 波莎诺娃, but only a few occurrences. Unfortunately, I am of no help as far as Far East bossa nova is concerned... though I have to admit In The Mood For Love's music literally makes me 入迷 :mrgreen:

Thank you so much guys!

I know another band from Japan called Pizzicato Five who also did some groovy Bossa Nova songs, mostly covered version from Brazilian classics.

Do we have any covered version of followings, in Chinese from Chinese artists:-

The Girl from Ipanema

Desafinado (Slightly Out of Tune

Thanks again!

wow, a thread on Bossa Nova. Does anyone know where to listen to live Bossa Nova in Beijing? I know there are lots of Jazz Bars, but any that specializes good Bossa Nova music (live)? Hehe... I got a Japanese jazz drummer friend who's been searching... tnx

No worries. I am not an expert either. I too, find that Jazz/ EZ/ Lounge music a bit on the sleepy side. In fact, I just listened to Julie London last night before I went to bed! Ha ha...

I find that Latin beats are quite similar to BN too.

I am hoping to find some BN music in Chinese. Though, I already have some in Japanese.

Apparently, BN was a huge thing in Japan in the 50s, 60s...

It's extremely difficult to find a Bossa Nova fan in China, let alone to find a Bossa Nova Chinese singer...

emmm....not really. You neglected my existance.:(

But, if you really find some place to listen to live BN music in Beijing, please do let me know.:mrgreen: Thanks!

Yes! Latin and Cuban jazz :) sigh... Like the Buena Vista Social Club ... I'm also looking for places here to listen to these. Maybe some of us should just start one :wink: haha...

Based in London~ I heard you guys have places there where ppl get all dressed up and dance (I don't mean disco). Sounds kul~

• 2 weeks later...

Happy New Year Koneko~

No, I don't but thanks coz most of the time I have a hard time looking for these music, so good to hear other friends' suggestions.

I'm going to download it (here in China, we don't "buy," we "download" haha...)

tc~~

PS

hope i like it

Ha ha... Downloading is not the right terminology. :roll:

Call it "information sharing" - sounds more altruistic. :mrgreen:

The album name is actually "A Tropical Affair", Latin genre.

Someone "shared" this album with me through his music album blog.

You may find this useful www.shoddity.com/?p=11 (sh)

So if you know any free websites/ links for Chinese Bossa Nova music, don't forget to share with me! :lol:

Oh thanks soooo much!!! I couldn't find it in other "sharing" places :D

Downloading it now from that place u said, tnx ! Dowloading--- "sharing" I mean, new, good music is like opening a gift on Christmas day hehe...

Chinese Bossa Nova... Have you ever heard even one? Hmmm... I might know someone who might (maybe, surely more than I) know someone or other... if so, it would mean she's got the songs, and if that's the case, then I'll just pass it to u :)

tc~