Chinese-Forums

Best word for 暧昧 in English?

miss_China_so_much

wow thats funny i just read that word and was also wondering what it meant. i can give you a context from the first letter in Sex Talk of the latest Time Out:

我去年认识个警察,他约我出来和朋友一起吃饭,我和多了,迷迷糊糊地他就拉着我去开了房间疯狂了一次。 我不可救药地喜欢上了他, 可他的态度却不明朗。其实我心里想要的是幸福的家庭的一个暧昧的情人, 我一边觉得它是有点趁人之危, 一边又渴望和他在一起。 我该怎么办啊?

so that's that. interesting story i thought. just while we're on this, i'd like to comment on how ironic the world can be. some guys fall just short of jumping in front of a bus just to get a certain girl to notice them, and then some women that are just "picked up" at a bar, or even taken advantage of (read: rape) "hopelessly" fall for the perpetrator. i had a female friend who was like that. needless to say the "relationship," if you can call it that, ended in flames not long after. but still... it's amazing it even started...

sorry, no offense to any girls anywhere. just relating my own experience to this story...

back to the original question.