Chinese-Forums

Sort of Chinese music

mandarinboy

Today it is a music competition in Sweden (to select the Swedish song for the Eurovision Song Contest). One of the groups there is Cosmo4. http://svt.se/svt/jsp/Crosslink.jsp?d=62728&lid=puff_739102

This group have one Chinese girl, Yasmine(cui cui) from Shanghai as well as a girl from Etiopia, one from Albania and one from Sweden. The group is not composed by any record label, they are friends who all had their own singing career and started the band them self.

They have had some success with their earlier songs in Sweden but i do not think this song will be that very much of a hit (a typical short lived pop song). You can listen to it here ( English): http://svt.se/svt/road/Classic/shared/mediacenter/index.jsp?d=64119&a=752565

Even though this have nothing to do with Chinese music i find it interesting since it have brought some nice articles about Chinese music in some newspapers. For many reporters it is enough to find a Chinese girl in a western band to start writing about modern Chinese music. Now i am just waiting for Sweden to wake up and start listening to some "real" Chinese music. When i worked for United Nations many years ago i where listenting all the time to Wang faye and Tian Zhen ( sorry, I where younger then:oops: ). Still, many of my soldiers are asking me for recomendations about similiar music. I find that interesting:wink: