Chinese-Forums

后悔到脚后跟了

randall_flagg

what does this mean? 后悔到脚后跟了 i remember asking a friend how to say something in chinese, this was the answer i got. cool. except for that i forgot what i wanted to say. not so great. but i do remember that this expression has only become popular during the last few years. any help?

thanks, randall

oh, and while i'm at it, can you give me more clever sayings about regretting things? including classics such as: "you're going to regret this for the rest of your life" 你会后悔一辈子 and other's.

Well, I'm Chinese. Though I can understand what 后悔到脚后跟了 means, I won't say it.

To confirm it, I asked a few of my friends about this expression. They never heard of this expression before, either.

I also searched it on www.baidu.com(a chinese search engine). It does seem there are people who say it.....but, I don't think it's a common expression.

As to 你会后悔一辈子的,sometimes it's offensive.

Usually I would just say:

我很后悔。

我非常后悔。

It appears to me that 后悔到脚后跟了 literally means something around the lines of "to regret something all the way down to your ankles". However, I have never heard such an expression. I like againstwind's alternative, if you are looking for something less intense than 你会后悔一辈子的. :)

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...