Chinese-Forums

接受 and 接收

fcdt02

I think I know the difference but as soon as the the difference is put into words, the difference won't be that clear-cut and it'd be quite easy to find counter-examples. So my advice is to learn the difference through examples of usage. You can find examples of their use through dictionaries or the internet.

(That is my way of seeing it, hopefully someone else may come with a better solution :D )

接受邀请

接收物品

I think the examples are fine, but the 2nd one may be ambiguous between "receiving goods" and "take over/confiscate goods". It's usually easier to see if something is used correctly or not in a full sentence, and better still, with the support of context.

Posted by gato:

Roughly speaking, 接受 is for accepting something, and 接收 is for receiving something.

I think it explains all.

For example, even tho. you received (接收到) an invitation or a signal (that requires you to do soemthing), it doesn't mean you will accept (接受) it.

Thank Raincoat!

At first, my thinking is like Yours, but after reading these examples, I have to think twice before coming to the conclusion!

http://dict.cn/search/?q=%BD%D3%CA%D5 (The link was given by gato )

1. 这里电视节目的接收情况不佳。

Reception of TV programmes is unsatisfactory here.

2. 接收节目前,你应该先装天线。

You should fix the television antenna before receiving programs.

3. 这里的无线电接收情况不太好。

Radio reception isn't very good here.

情况: As I thought, it is the abstract thing, isn't it? Can we change "接收" with "接受"?

Hope receive Your nice idea!

Hm, interesting finding :) Just happen this morning I encountered another example of 受 again from a fourth-grader reading book. There's a girl who's playing a violin when an old lady commented after listening, "真不错。我的心感受到了" and suddenly I remember your post :)

Maybe the word should not be "abstract" but "feeling"? Anything related to feelings we use 受?

There's another example of 接受which doesn't mean "accept".

接受调查. Surely if the authority decides to give you an inspection, it's always unavoidable, and the inspection is "accepted", however unwillingly. However, I think here 接受means more of "receive" than "accept".

Sorry that I can't figure out the nuances between these two words.

• 2 weeks later...