Chinese-Forums

Wang Feng

Vellu

Are there any Wang Feng fans here?

I've liked Wang Feng for a long time but recently I've really began to appreciate him as a musician. He is, in my opinion, one of today's greatest Chinese pop/rock composers - and performers. What is great about him is that even though he's gained popularity, he remains true to his art - his latest album "Braveheart" is a great proof of that. I have to admit I was afraid that he'll become musically less interesting when becoming a "mainstream act", but fortunately that hasn't happened. Well, some of his newer work has been somewhat disappointing, and I think his 2005 album "Life in full bloom" is not that good, but "Braveheart" totally restored my faith in him.

I love the early, bluesy Baojia Street No. 43 songs, and although the music's a bit different now, listening to his solo albums, I love the fact that Wang Feng remains a rockstar and not another pop artist. I've always admired both his songwriting and his incredibly emotional singing voice - just listen to "Good night, Beijing", and I'm sure you'll agree.

Whether it's blues, a hard rocking tune or a tender ballad, from my experience Wang Feng is one of the few Chinese artists that can really make it all sound... well, quite simply, so damn good. And actually, not just talking about Chinese music, Wang Feng is fast becoming one of my favorite artists, period.

Wang Feng is the kind of artist that deserves to be heard.

This is a good link I found a couple of days ago:

http://www.ljseek.com/%E6%B1%AA%E5%B3%B0-music-appreciation-wang-feng_222765849.html

• 3 weeks later...

I like his songs very much. I was a guitarist and singer of a rock band and played many of his songs like In the rain(Zaiyuzhong), Good night Beijing, Fly higher(Feidegenggao), Brimming life(Nufangdeshengming), The other shore(Bi'an) etc. These songs are pretty good and give dynamical feel.