Chinese-Forums

Help identifying some famous songs from China please!

The Iceman 9899

Hi,

In July last year I was on a 3-week Chinese Immersion course in Kunming, and there is a fairly large collection of videos from the trip on the internet. Most of them are recordings of performances involving what we were told at the time were famous pieces of Chinese music.. well, at least in China. :)

I would love to be able to identify them and hear what their original version sound like, so I would appreciate any help anyone on here can offer!

This is one I would particularly like to know what the music is!

Would also love to know what this is- and who the twins actually are would be utterly amazing! (if extremely wishful thinking!)

There are a couple of other songs on there it'd be nice knowing but I'm not too desperate. However, there is one song I really want to trace but don't have a recording of it.. it's extremely memorable though so could probably describe it on here if anyone thinks they're up to having a go..?

Thank You sooo much for any help you can give.. any help is greatly appreciated! Even the address/name of somewhere on the internet that could help me identify the music would be warmly welcomed! :D

Thank You in Advance,

The Iceman 9899

First one:

中国功夫

屠洪刚

作曲:伍嘉冀 作词:宋小明

卧似一张弓

站似一棵松

不动不摇坐如钟

走路一阵风

南拳和北腿

少林武当功

太极八卦连环掌

中华有神功

卧似一张弓

站似一棵松

不动不摇坐如钟

走路一阵风

南拳和北腿

少林武当功

太极八卦连环掌

中华有神功

棍扫一大片 枪挑一条线

身轻好似云中燕 豪气冲云天

外练筋骨皮 内练一口气

刚柔并济不低头 我们心中有天地

卧似一张弓

站似一棵松

不动不摇坐如钟

走路一阵风

南拳和北腿

少林武当功

太极八卦连环掌

中华有神功

清风剑在手 双刀就看走

行家功夫一出手 那就知道有没有

手是两扇门 脚下是一条根

四方水土养育了 中华武术魂

东方一条龙 儿女似英雄

天高地远八面风 中华有神功

东方一条龙 儿女似英雄

天高地远八面风 中华有神功

中华有神功

Second one:

卓玛的歌词

盈盈的蓝天呦,捧着白云.飘飘的白云捧着哈达.

赶着羊群的小姑娘,从远处走来了.

走来了,走来了,他的名字叫卓玛.哎!

雅鲁藏布江的水呦洗黑了你的头发,珠穆朗玛的风

呦吹红了你的面颊.阿妈浓浓的青稞酒,

阿妈香香的酥油茶.卓玛地大眼睛,里面装着悄悄话.

盈盈的蓝天呦,捧着白云.飘飘的白云捧着哈达.

赶着羊群的小姑娘,从远处走来了.走来了,走来了,

他的名字叫卓玛.哎!

雅鲁藏布江的水呦洗黑了你的头发,珠穆朗玛的风

呦吹红了你的面颊.卓玛心中的五彩梦,

卓玛梦中的七彩霞.美丽的新西藏,永远都是你的家.哎!

雅鲁藏布江的水呦洗黑了你的头发,

珠穆朗玛的风呦吹红了你的面颊.卓玛心中的五彩梦,

卓玛梦中的七彩霞.美丽的新西藏,永远都是你的家.卓玛耶!

Another nice song in a trip video:

knight778 - Thank You very much for your help but Quest's got both of them!

Quest - Thank You so much! I've just 'googled' some of the lyrics and come up with mp3s of them.. even the same version of the first song as we 'performed' to! Wow! Thanks Again!

Well I guess I'll ride my luck and try describe the third song that I'm actually more desperate to find out than the two I posted above because I don't have a recording of it.. will you guys be willing to try and help figure out what it was?

On the final night of the trip we had a 'closing ceremony' at which the organisers set up a large fire in the centre of a field which burnt for hours. Towards the end of the ceremony, they taught us a 'dance' around the fire to the piece of music I'm trying to trace.. everybody got into one large circle joining hands before walking around the fire fairly quickly to the fairly fast music.. but I can't remember how that part went.

However, every so often a new 'corus' (or verse, or something) of the music played, which was very memorable! (and I could even perform it if I had to.. but I'll try describing it first!)

Everyone stopped moving around the fire, and turned their bodies towards it. The music started off very low pitched, sounding something like 'woh-o woh-o woh-o woh', to which we all moved our hands below our waists and moved closer to the fire.

The music then changed to have a much higher sound but still similar to the last one, sounding something like 'wee-o wee-o wee-o wee'.. to which we raised our arms above our shoulders and moved away from the fire. This repeated several times before returning to the music to which we walked around the fire.

It was great fun and a great memory I have of the trip.. it would mean a lot to me to hear it again/have a recording of it. :)

Thank You for all your help!

• 2 weeks later...

Heya Quest,

Sorry for not replying... I've had a very busy last few weeks so I haven't managed to watch the video yet. When I get a chance I'll watch through it and post back if I find it... Thank You for the link though... hopefully it'll be in there!

Iceman :)