Chinese-Forums

Shihuashishuo 实话实说

roddy

Has anyone else listened to this band? I picked up a CD a few weeks ago and am quite enjoying it. Can't find any mp3's to link to I'm afraid. Nearest thing I can compare it with would be New Pants, but its less punk and more rock.

Roddy

The only album I have is just named after the band. If you search for 实话实说 most of the stuff you get relates to the CCTV program, but try 实话实说乐队 and you get some articles about them. Still not seen any music downloads though.

Roddy

• 1 year later...

Hi, Roddy

Could you pls. tell me the CD# of the Shihuashishuo album that you have? Is this their only album? I've downloaded a couple of songs from eMusic.com and particularly enjoy the tracks called "Ma jiang" (Mahjong) and "Xingfu de shunjian" (Instantaneous Happiness). I'm wondering if it's from the same album you have. Thanks!

The box got chucked out long ago, and I'm not even sure if I could find the CD in the midst of my 'pile 'em high' filing system, but I'm attaching an image of the CD cover I found here - you'll at least be able to recognize it in online stores. For some reason Dangdang only has the tape

Both those tracks are on that album. I'm not even sure if they had more than one album.

322_thumb.attach

Thanks, guys (Roddy & Semantic Nuance). I went to the page that Semantic Nuance suggested and saw the 2 tracks that I have and the correct record company (Jingwen) listed. Yes, it's the same band. But the CD cover featured in eMusic.com is different. I'm attaching it here. I think it's much cooler to look at.

323_thumb.attach