Chinese-Forums

溫嵐 and 事務所

82riceballs

事务所 is as muyongshi said another word for office - I think used mainly for legal and accountancy firms?

溫嵐 is a Taiwanese singer, English name Landy. I'm not up on Taiwanese entertainment, I just Googled.

Dict.cn would have given you the first one, although maybe not if you input in traditional.

事務所 is a loan word from Japanese. In addition to being used to refer to an office of a law firm, it is often used in Chinese as is to refer to the administrative office of a Japanese company. You may also see it used in a more "natural" context in Taiwan (i.e. referring the the offices of a Taiwanese firm).

事務所 is a loan word from Japanese. In addition to being used to refer to an office of a law firm, it is often used in Chinese as is to refer to the administrative office of a Japanese company. You may also see it used in a more "natural" context in Taiwan (i.e. referring the the offices of a Taiwanese firm).

Thanks! i'm guessing u see it more in taiwan b/c taiwan used to be a japanese colony?