Chinese-Forums

Pinyin lyrics for the 'si hai' song - the one about chinese all over the world

Rrina

I want to learn this song but I don't know even what it's called. It's a super, super famous tune and I'm told it's about the fact that all over the ''four seas'' there are Chinese people. The title is 'Si hai [something] you'... :roll: I've been humming the tune for weeks but I want to sing it!

Thanks so much!

Oh my, that's the frustration; I have no idea what it says. I'm not sure but it seems to be associated to martial arts.

This may sound totally ridiculous, but it begins with something that sounds like ''hei you, hei you, hei you hei you hei hei ho'.' :oops:

The guy who translated a bit for me said something like 'we [the Chinese] are strong' and something like 'everywhere you look there are Chinese people'. Could it be something like ''ni kan ni kan si hai [blank blank blank] Zhongguo ren''....

Thanks. I've tried to google this in a thousand ways and I get nowhere...

The direct translation of “四海”is “Four Seas”, which means “the whole world”, or “everywhere overseas”. You will need to give us more specific information about the song you like. Here I guess “云游四海” (“Yun You Si Hai”) may be the right one. But it is sung in Tai Wan dialect (台湾语). The singer is 陈明章. You may visit at:

http://www.inkui.com/a2/E/6/E6DD6EEC4D4FF74FCB91.html

• 2 weeks later...

I don't know what song you mean, and this is probably wrong but could it be 中国话 by S.H.E.? It doesn't really fit with the translation you gave, but it does talk about people all over the world studying Chinese. How does the song sound, a rap?

• 1 month later...

I finally got some more information about the song [apologies if it's on one of the videos or recordings above but I could not open them]

I'm told the lyrics are basically as follows. I don't know the pinyin tones for this... -

"wo men de yi zhi jian..." -- or something like that -- our will is strong...

then -

"wo men de gong zuo qin" -- we work hard

"pa gao shan da ge dong" -- we make a hole in the mountain

"shi tou bian cheng jin..." -- the stone turns into gold

Then it says something like "ni kan ni kan si hai..." something ''zhongguo ren''...

Does this make sense to anyone around? :)

[edit - Qcash, from what I understand this is a traditional song... Hard to describe the melody but it's kind of martial]

Googled the lyrics and found mention of a song called "四海都有中国人".

Lyrics quoted by someone here: http://bbs.tiexue.net/post_1930817_1.html

Didn't find an audio file, unfortunately.

四海都有中国人

嗨哟!嗨哟!嗨哟嗨哟嗨嗨哟!

我们的意志坚,我们的工作勤,

把高山,打个洞,把石头炼成金。

你看你看四海,都有中国人!

嗨哟!嗨哟!嗨哟嗨哟嗨嗨哟!

我们的意志坚,我们的工作勤,

把铁路,铺设好,把荒野变农村。

你看你看四海,都有中国人!

嗨哟!嗨哟!嗨哟嗨哟嗨嗨哟!

我们的意志坚,我们的工作勤,

不论是,到那里,大家都一条心。

你看你看四海,都有中国人

:clap

This is it indeed! Thanks so very much! I wouldn't have been able to google it in chinese, and the English search did not work at all.

I pasted the text on Word and now I'll learn the characters,. I love to sing this little song. :)

Is it true this is a traditional song? Does anyone know the story behind it?