Chinese-Forums

Artist/Song suggestions please, Western music for Chinese audiences

dave554

Hi all,

I posted a thread here:

http://www.chinese-forums.com/index.php?/topic/2-favourite-chinese-musician0741

regarding the possibility of playing in venues whilst in China. What kind of western music does your average club/bar play?, assuming they play western music. I'd like to build a set list of songs I can use in China, any help would be much appreciated.

Yesterday once more, by the Carpenters. For whatever reason, most Chinese seem to love this song. That, and Hotel California.

Both absolute musts. Add John Denver's "Country Roads". The triumvirate of evil!

I don't know a lot about venues in the big cities, but way out west the kids all knew and liked to sing "Auld Lang Syne" at any time of year. I sang "Fools rush in" (or is that called 'I can't help falling in love with you'?) and it seemed recognised and well received. And I heard 'Love me tender' on a mix tape but don't think it became popular.