Chinese-Forums

2 Mandarain pop songs to identify from 2001-2003

lissodelphis

Hey all, not much to go on with these so I'm not very hopeful, but found the forums and thought I'd give this a try.

I lived in Hong Kong for a few years between 2000 and 2003 and these songs were played on one of the standard TV channels, I loved them but never found out what they were.

They were both in Mandarin and both female singers.

The first was sung by a girl wearing a large winter hat and she was walking along a street singing and playing a guitar. I think it may have been called 'Close to you'. I seem to renmember she sung those words in English and the rest in mandarin..... :-?

The second was a more gothic looking video with a more sultry looking woman singing 'Black Black Heart'. As before she sung those words in english and the rest in mandarin (I think - my memory of this one is less clear and could have been canto).

and that's all I have.... I will be amazed but happy if these can be identified. :wink:

thanks anyways

Okay my second music identification task, should be easier:

It is a song that my friends Mum downloaded onto my PC years ago that I have grown to love. Unfortunately its incomplete and I'm not really sure what it is.

Its listed as Teresa Teng - You And I Together, but that could be wrong and I can't seem to find any info as that. As I said I do have this track so if there is a way I can put it on the net for you to access then hopefully someone may be able to id it for me.

Thanks again for any help.

Skylee, that's it, fantastic! :D

So great to hear it after almost 5 years of searching, you've made my day :lol:.

Now any ideas on how I can get it in mp3 or CD? Any idea of what albums it may appear on, I could then look for them on ebay.

And thanks to you also Tallynole, I'll try and search out that song.

That's it, thanks again Skylee.

I've also managed to get the Rene song as well, so thanks for that too. Just one track left to find.... :wink:

I'm really glad i found this board now, although i doubt I'll be able to return the favour and be of any use to you or anyone else trying to identify Asian music.

• 1 month later...

So how's about this one?

'sung by a girl wearing a large winter hat and she was walking along a street singing and playing a guitar. I think it may have been called 'Close to you'. I seem to renmember she sung those words in English and the rest in mandarin.....'

From around 2001-2003. :help