Chinese-Forums

Meteor Garden (流星花园). Chinese subtitles.

atitarev

Hi,

If someone is still interested, attached are the soft Chinese subtitles for "Meteor Garden" (流星花园), episode 01, I finished working on today.

I hope there could be only very few types, but please check!

It's in traditional Chinese, Unicode. Rename to .srt if you want to use as subtitles.

Enjoy!

Meteor Garden (Chinese) ep. 01.txt

Hi Quest,

These are SOFT subs. Useful for learning.

I downloaded hard ones, then converted to .srt using 2 programs. The actual OCR is almost manual - Subresynch feature from VobSub program.

Hmm, I don't know, which episode it is now. I got it from shooter.cn

Hi,

I need someone's help to identify, which episode and which season these subtitles are for. I don't want it to be wasted. :)

Can you please view it and if you watched the series, perhaps you could remember where it fits.

I have save the dictionary file, with all the characters from this episode, it's a good start to create more soft subtitles. (I can share it).

In the file attached there are names like 淺井 and 三條櫻子 which, as far as I can remember, do not appear in the Taiwan TV drama 流星花園. Perhaps they are subtitles of the japanese animation of the story 花より男子?

Thanks, Skylee!

Only this is not the 1st episode. Can you tell?

The names:

浅井 百合子 Asai Yuriko (one of the girls that teased Makino Tsukushi)

三條 櫻子 (In Japanese: ) 三条 桜子 Sanjō Sakurako (a false friend)

So the Taiwanese drama doesn't have them. I didn't know.

--

I also have a question regarding the translation of the name of the main character.

牧野 つくし Makino Tsukushi, known in the Taiwanese series as 牧野 杉菜 Muye Shancai.

Her first name is normally written in Hiragana: つくし but if we were to write in Kanji: 牧野 筑紫. I wonder why the first name was changed to 杉菜?

Take a look at this -> http://cache.tianya.cn/publicforum/content/filmTV/1/11836.shtml

牧野 つくし:原文中“杉菜”其实没有汉字。不象“类”那样可以直接拿过来用。香港版的翻译是 “筑紫”。看中文漫画时有两本是港版,杉菜忽然被叫“阿紫”。一时迷惑以为是她的小名。查了字典才知道つくし有两种汉字(好象汉语的多音字)。一为“土笔”意思是春天长的一种草,因其穗似毛笔尖而得名,可食用,植物学上特指杉菜由从地下茎生出的茎。台湾版用了つくし的这个意思,说她是杂草杉菜。其实比杂草要好一点,毕竟可以使用。つくし还有一种汉字写法是“筑紫”是古地名,指筑前与筑后,在现在的福岗。香港版用的是这个。比较象武侠剧中的名字。菊兮(这个名字太难打了)说她喜欢筑紫这个名字,我看是物以“类”聚。我觉得台湾的译法体现了原著精神。书中的つくし也常会说因为自己是卑微的野菜所以生命力极强(此处若配以中国唐诗“野火。。。春风。。。”效果更佳)。

TV drama 流星花園 was made in Taiwan and the story / names were adapted (names changed, characters combined). If you are interested in it, watch it and then you can tell if the subtitles belong to the drama.

Thanks, Skylee.

I own the Japanese version on DVD ("Boys over Flowers") but I only watched a little bit of the Taiwanese "Meteor Garden" on VCD without the English subtitles. I was trying to get a soft copy of the Chinese subs, so I could read before watching. Sorry, still struggling understanding movies. To my regret, it was a wrong movie and the wrong episode! The upside is I learned to extract Chinese subtitles.

--

I had much more luck with the Japanese version, although the text is much longer, more complicated graphics (because of small Furigana letters and cursive) - I've got the 1st episode ready! Manually fixed Furigana - the characters are just too small, letters き(ki) and さ (sa) are invariably mixed up.