Chinese-Forums

Tang Lei 唐磊

rezaf

At last I found a Chinese singer whom I can completely 喜欢!:mrgreen:

but I don't understand why he is not famous and no one seems to know him. His songs are definitely much better and more original than songs of Jay Chou and others.

He may not be Jay Chou famous but I've certainly heard 丁香花 at no small number of shops and Karoke sessions.

Personally I still don't think you can beat 戴佩妮. She's one of the very very few female singers that actually writes her own stuff and doesn't dance.

The way the Chinese singers sing usually makes their songs a little bit childish and as a result cheesy. Tang Lei on the other hand has a special timbre in his voice. I personally prefer the songs with his own guitar accompaniment, the others are not that different from Jay Chou songs. 戴佩妮 is good and different but not that original and special. OK, I am in no place to judge how original they are but I mean Tang Lei songs have a deeper and more serious atmosphere.