Chinese-Forums

没的救 or 没得救?

anonymoose

没的救 seems to be an oral expression (for example, 你的病医生也没的救), but it's not clear to me whether (or why) it should be 没的救 or 没得救.

A search on Google for "没的救" turns up 116,000 hits, whilst "没得救" turns up 199,000 hits, so I'm guessing the latter is the correct version, though these results are not very conclusive.

Can anyone confirm which version is correct?

Thanks.

I'd go for '没得救' ’没得说‘ as well as '没的吃' ’没的穿‘。

In the first case, the objectives of the verbs, ’救‘ and ’说‘, are the subjectives of the same sentence, thus, making the verbs have passive meaning under active form. This is important since '没得' is here to describe the probability of the verbs.

eg: 他没得救。He has no chance to be saved.

他没得说。He has no way to be gossiped about. (aka, he is perfect.)

In the second case, the objectives of the verbs, '吃' and '穿', are NOT the subjectives of the same sentences, but exactly the '没的' before them. Given that '没', an adverb, is not able to act as objective, a '的' is added to nominalize it so that 'not' is turned into 'none' or 'nothing'.

eg: 他没的吃。He has nothing to eat.

My own theory though, hope it explains.