Chinese-Forums

Supposed difference between体制 and制度

Scoobyqueen

I understand that there is a supposed difference between体制 and制度. According to my reference sources 体制 means system in the sense of a structure (economic system) and 制度 means system as in a company’s financial system. I am unable to detect much of a difference there and am wondering if they are just indeed used interchangeably. Can anyone shed any light on that?

Cheers in advance.

In sense of structure, both 体制 and 制度 may mean "system" , sometimes used ignoring the possible diferrence.

However, 制度 is more tend to have the idea of "general, overall or outline" while 体制 related more to infra-structure. So, when talk about social systems,we use 制度 only, as

封建制度、资本主义制度、社会主义制度及共产主义制度。use of 体制 here will be considered wrong.

Also in reform, we say 体制改革 not 制度改革。

There is another meaning of 制度, it almost the as 规章 or 规矩。

规章制度要遵守。

我觉得 体制 和 制度 是有区别的

体制 我通常认为偏向于描写一种事物的结构。

体制, I usually think it used to describe the structure of something. You might notice the "体" here.

制度 我通常认为偏向于描写一种规章,一种管理方法。

制度, I usually think it used to describe the regulation or method of administration.

and personally, I think the 体制 is based on 制度, which 制度 you choose, which 体制 you will have.