Chinese-Forums

汉语 vs 中文

aimei

I was curious about her background and asked her where he was from and she said in Chinese, "I am a Beijinger, but I worked for a long time in Taiwan," which doesn't make much sense to me, since I don't think mainland ppl could just go to work in Taiwan like that, even now. She also talks about growing up in Taiwan, which is really weird because I am SURE she told me she was a Beijinger. Anyway, strange case.

Such background doesn't seem to be very rare. I've searched "北京出生 臺灣長大" on the internet and found these -

信義泰(SEI)財務管理公司所屬的證券公司首席財務官申湘如女士12日在接受本報採訪時表示,她是在北京出生臺灣長大,來美已經30多年。 (source)
李仲同,男,63岁,英文名:Tim.北京出生,台湾长大,后留学美国,在美国生活工作三十多年,1999年返回北京,现任庄胜有限公司的战略顾问。

高安,女,59岁,四川雅安出生,台湾长大,后留学美国,结婚十年后,涉足房地产。闲居北京后,开始绘画,今年双胞胎外孙出生后,又热衷于帮助女儿照顾孩子。(source)

现年51岁的刘宇环,在北京出生,在台湾长大,於美国的加州大学获得MBA学位,从1989年起,他已将人生约11 年的精华岁月投入创投产业。(source)
陶喆的母亲在北京出生,后移居台湾,这也是他早就想在北京开办个唱的原因之一。(source)
顺子:是我1973年出生在北京,6岁时就随妈妈从北京去了美国,在旧金山一呆就是12年。十七八岁时就一个人跑去瑞士主修音乐制作,后来在美国、瑞士、法国、意大利、加拿大、奥地利等国,参加了上百场的LIVECONCERT演出之后,偶然的一个机会,接触了台湾魔岩唱片公司并很快正式跟该公司签约。那一年我23岁。(source)

I leave my dictionary program open, so checking a dictionary takes no more than a few seconds. Is that really more troublesome than posting and waiting for an answer? Or you could just install Chinesepera-kun and have everything auto-looked-up for you.

Edited by creamyhorror