Chinese-Forums

Discription of my Thanksgiving in Chinese

ekaterina2507

Ni Hao everybody!!!

Could you please check if what I wrote actually makes sence, please. It is the description of my thanksgiving.

Chinese version:

我的感恩节过得很好. 我在这里没有家里人. 我男朋友不在去了别的城市,所以我只能自己过感恩节. 我去了我邻居家的楼房. 我有很多的兴趣. 她熟火鸡,土豆泥和两个馅饼. 我不能控制的吃个不停. 我吃了一顿很好的晚餐. 说实话,我感觉吃完了以后好像胖了5公斤. 我们一共个人.我们吃完晚饭以后,又看了一部很好的电影. 我从来没有忘记过庆祝感恩节. 在我国文化它不是一个习惯为庆祝感恩. 我不喜欢做饭,所以我永远都不能在感恩节那天做晚饭。我已经准备好了以一个感恩节所要吃的所有好吃的。我希望世界上所有的人都能过得很好

English version:

My thanksgiving was good.I do not have any family here.My boyfriend was out of town also, so I had to spend my thanksgiving by myself.I went to me neighbour’s apartment.

I had a lot of fun.She cooked turkey , mashed potatoes and two pies.I could not stop eating.It was a really good dinner.I honestly think I put on 5 pounds from eating.There were five of us.We watched a good movie after dinner.I have never had a thanks giving before.In my culture it is not a custom to celebrate thanksgiving.I do not like cooking, so I would never do thanksgiving dinner at my house.I am ready for the next thanksgiving and all great food it comes with.I hope everybody else had a great time

Does my chinese and english versions coincide at least in something?

This is my suggestion.

我的感恩节过得很好(愉快). 我在这里没有親人. 我男朋友不在, 去了别的城市,所以我只能自己过感恩节. 我去我邻居家過感恩節.玩得很開心. 我的鄰居烤了火鸡,做了土豆泥和两个馅饼(). 我嘴巴沒有停過, 一直吃个不停. 我吃了一顿很好的晚餐. 说实话,我感觉吃完了以后好像胖了5公斤. 我们一共个人.吃完晚饭以后,我們一起看了一部很好的电影. 在這之前, 我从来没有過過感恩节. 在我成長的環境裡,我們並沒有過感恩節的習慣. 我不喜欢烹飪,所以我永远不可能在感恩节那天做晚饭。我已经准备好迎接明年的感恩节還有美味的食物了。我希望世界上所有的人都能过得很好

I think your discription is fine generally, although there are few mistakes of grammar, words and order of words in some sentences. And there are few sentences which is not the same meaning of your English version, such as 我从来没有忘记过庆祝感恩节 is not coincide with the meaning of "I have never had a thanks giving before" , which is 我从来没过过感恩节; and 我有很多的兴趣 is not correct here for "I had a lot of fun", which is 我玩得很开心.

And one more suggestion, please pay attention to interpunction. Chinese and English interpunction aren't totally the same. eg, full stop in Chinese is 。in English .

semantic nuance 's suggestion is nice.

Here is my discription.

我的感恩节过得很好。我在这里没有亲人,我的男朋友也去了别的城市,所以我只能自己过感恩节。我去了邻居家,玩得很开心。她做了火鸡,土豆泥和两个馅饼。我控制不住自己,吃个不停。那真是一顿很好的晚餐。说实话,我觉得吃完饭后胖了五磅。我们一共五个人。饭后我们看了一部很好的电影。我从来没过过感恩节,在我的文化里,没有过感恩节的习俗。我不喜欢做饭,所以可能永远不会在家里做感恩节晚餐。我已经准备好迎接明年的感恩节和所有能在感恩节吃到的好吃的食物。希望世界上所有的人过得愉快。