Chinese-Forums

何處覓知音 What is this reference?

conorstuart88

I think i understand what it means now, but still don't know if it is a reference from somewhere.

覓=尋找

知音=知己

So I guess it is some kind of exclamation, saying, I have nowhere to find friends, I am left friendless? Is anyone able to correct me or clarify the source??:mrgreen:

各位,'何處覓知音',這個句話是哪裡來的?是什麼意思?

上下文如下:

「你誤解了,你到現在還是這樣認為的話,那你也幫不上這個忙了,我是認為你能了解我才來的,算我白跑一趟。何處覓知音?還是回去吧!」

全文:http://yeats1103.pixnet.net/blog/post/5153102

Thanks,

Conor

Edited by roddy

何處覓知音? This may be an old saying and in this context, it means "Where can I find a real friend?", indicating that the speaker is disappointed with the person he's speaking to. So, he doesn't literally mean "I'm left friendless" but that the "friend" he's got with him now is useless to him.

知音從何而來 -

春秋時,俞伯牙善鼓琴,鍾子期善聽琴。當伯牙彈琴志在高山時,子期便從琴音感到峨峨若泰山;當伯牙志在流水時,子期又感到洋洋若江河。子期死後,伯牙便絕弦不彈,因為再也沒有人能像子期那樣懂得他的音樂了。見列子˙湯問。後比喻了解自己的知心朋友。文選˙古詩十九首˙西北有高樓:「不惜歌者苦,但傷知音稀。」三國˙魏˙曹丕˙與吳質書:「昔伯牙絕絃于鍾期,仲尼覆醢于子路,痛知音之難遇,傷門人之莫逮。」 (source)