Chinese-Forums

Those of you who are between 160cm-165cm (5'3''-5'5'') tall, what is your shoe size?

my3rdlang

In my opinion, the shoes in China are tiny. I am guessing a person who is 165cm tall typcially wears a size EUR 39 (US 8.5)? (as the biggest clothing size tends to be L/165 & most women's shoes only go up to EUR 39)

I am 163cm & my shoe size is typically EUR 38.5/US 8.

Shoe size depends on the size of your foot, not on your height, so there's no telling, really. I've known a girl of over 1.70 with size 34, my mom is about 1.62 with size 36. Size 39 for a woman of 1.65 seems a bit large to me, but it's probably common enough.

But I agree that buying shoes can be very hard there if you're a woman with over size 39.

• 6 months later...
I've known a girl of over 1.70 with size 34

Oh?! She would have been considered a rare beauty in ancient China with such small feminine feet! :mrgreen:

I guess with 1.67 I'm just about the average height, shoe size 37. For the last couple of years I've done most of my shopping (clothes/shoes) in China, without any problems. Actually, I'm very, very happy because it's affordable, plus everything fits me just fine. (^-^)

I don't like plastic shoe wear so I was really happy when I saw beautiful wooden slippers (桂森按摩鞋) on shoe racks in 百佳. But when I wanted to buy another pair a couple of months later they only had sizes 39-44 (!) left. Obviously they couldn't sell them, but they had them on the racks anyway.

Later I saw Chinese girls wearing fancy, but a bit oversize (cough cough) high heeled pumps which I later found out were Korean imports sold in small shops. So I think you CAN buy bigger shoes in China if you look in the right places (eg: Guangzhou - the shoppers paradise :D ) Many Chinese do their shopping in the south.

I am 166cm tall and my shoe size is 39 or 40. Sometimes (especially during sale season) it can be difficult for me to buy the shoes I like. But judging from the number of shoes I have it is not as difficult as I feel, I think. :oops: And it's getting easier as I now buy shoes at ecco, croc and timberland, etc.

I'm 5'4, size 6 U.S. (think it's like 36 or 37 Euro). Actually I had a wonderful time finding shoes in China, because my feet are so small for a white girl. I typically have a terrible time finding shoes for my small, narrow feet in the U.S. My feet in China seem to be average size though, judging by my experience trying on shoes there. My boyfriend is size 13 U.S., so there was no way he could fit into shoes there.

• 6 months later...