Chinese-Forums

how to say inspiration?

kaox0018

I am having a hard time figuring out how to express inspiration and inspire in mandarin. is there an equivalent for these words or does it change a lot?

for example, did I write the below correctly?

Quentin Tarantino is often inspired by Asian directors.

QT常從亞洲導演家受到靈感

I feel inspired just by watching her (playing a sport)

我只看著她就給了我啟示

Also below... I had asked a friend about what word in parentheses is appropriate but I forgot what he said... can you help me out?

天天只做這些無聊的凡事,我的生活真的沒什麼(激情)(靈感).

但是我聽了他的演講之後, 受到改過自新的(靈感)(感悟)

much thanks.

Change some words will make the sentences better.

QT常从亚洲导演那里获得灵感

看到她有了灵感。

天天只做这些无聊的琐事,我的生活真的没有什么激情。

但是我听了他的演讲之后,获得了改过自新的感悟。

Change some words will make the sentences better.

QT常从亚洲导演那里获得灵感

看到她有了灵感。

天天只做这些无聊的琐事,我的生活真的没有什么激情。

但是我听了他的演讲之后,获得了改过自新的感悟。

A perfect illustration of how important it is to hear the language spoken 'straight from the horses mouth'! (嗯, here's an interesting English idiom for you, stonelee).

& I don't know if anyone has already welcomed you, but anyway: thank you for joining! :D

I'm pretty sure everyone will agree it's great to have more people like you on the forum.

Edited by leeyah

A perfect illustration of how important it is to hear the language spoken 'straight from the horses mouth'! (嗯, here's an interesting English idiom for you, stonelee).

& I don't know if anyone has already welcomed you, but anyway: thank you for joining!

I'm pretty sure everyone will agree it's great to have more people like you on the forum.

leeyah~谢谢你的支持和鼓励~:D, 能和真正英语国家的朋友交流一定能使我学到很多,在论坛里我希望我的英语能进步,也希望给有心学习中文的朋友提供自己力所能及的帮助,(在英语交流的过程中,自己的英语也能提高,这确实是利人利己的好事:D) 大家加油~

KEEP FIGHTING!Everyone!:mrgreen:

thank you! i have a question. what does 啟示 mean and how is it use?

I am trying to figure out how inspiration is thought of in chinese. I believe that 灵感 usually points to a "creative inspiration" but "鼓舞" can be used generally in terms of someone giving "motivation."

but if i am just watching someone on the tv and they weren't intentionally trying to motivate me, did they still give me 鼓舞?

I have never heard it used that way, and in all the times it's come up in my books it's never been used that way and my teachers haven't mentioned that form of the usage. So, if that is true- I'm just claiming ignorance of that fact :mrgreen:

Here is another dictionaries definition

【汉语大詞典】启发指示,使有所领悟。

例:

总理(孙中山)起立答词,对经营全国铁路多所启示。  李烈钧《辛亥革命及督赣时期》

这几句话对她简直成了一个启示,眼前顿时明亮了。  巴金《家》

五这是一个最普通的战士给我的启示。  杨朔《万丈高楼平地起》

Unfortunately my best dictionary is at the office and I haven't upgraded Pleco so this is all I have to go on.

I believe that 灵感 usually points to a "creative inspiration" but "鼓舞" can be used generally in terms of someone giving "motivation."

but if i am just watching someone on the tv and they weren't intentionally trying to motivate me, did they still give me 鼓舞?

鼓舞 is always used when you don't have enough confident to do something or you need more faith to do the things.The things maybe a test or even a war... 灵感 is a noun,鼓舞 is a verb.

if you just watching someone on the tv and they weren't intentionally trying to motivate me, they still 鼓舞了你.:wink: