Chinese-Forums

审美疲劳

tooironic

A friend of mine used the phrase 审美疲劳 - literally, "aesthetically fatigued" - the other day in a conversation. Naturally, I was confused, and immediately baidu'ed it. I think I understand the basic meaning of it - to see so much beauty that one gets sick of it - but I'm not sure how it functions in the context she actually said it: 从高中开始,这么多年了,都审美疲劳啦. If it makes any difference, she said it just after I congratulated her on her upcoming wedding. Anyway, perhaps someone here can provide some enlightenment. Cheers.

No matter how good a thing is, if you look at it everyday, you no longer see its beauty.

从高中开始,这么多年了,都审美疲劳啦.

I think that mean she and her husband have been in the relationship since their high school. They are no longer passionate lovers. It's not a negative comment, just a natural thing.

haha I totally bumped into this today while listening to the radio/surfing the CRI page, wala:

好几年都是这样的搭配,腻了,审美疲劳了,能不能peter和朱力安,董默涵配合几次,李欣和安娜她们也合作几次,三个女人一台戏,换换搭配说不定有新的火花.期待peter,朱力安,董默涵的碰撞

on the " 网友留言板" on http://gb.cri.cn/news/other/lwdc/lwkd.htm