Chinese-Forums

necklace

leosmith

I would assume you're referring to the Taiwan standard here, right?

In Taiwan, 鍊 and 鏈 are variants, though it looks like 項鍊 is more common,

The other two characters might have some meaning overlap, but neither of them means "chain" and thus would be false.

According to yellow bridge none of them are "false". I don't know if I'm talking about the "Taiwan standard" - I've never heard that expression. I'm just interested in the most common way to write the word in traditional characters. Or just tell me the most common way to write it in simplified (项链,项鍊,项练 or 项炼), and I can figure out the traditional form myself.

I will trust my collection of carefully edited Chinese dictionaries any time over some internet word list. Show me an authoritative source for these two characters actually being the correct choice for xiàngliàn, and I'll change my opinion.

If you don't explain what you need this for, it's hard to give you a meaningful answer. What's common depends on the context, so I gave you the answer what would be common in the Taiwan standard.

Looking at simplified will only add to the confusion as 煉 and 鍊 got merged into 炼.