Chinese-Forums

looking for word: "Don't get too excited" - children/babies

bryce1

大家好,

I am trying to think of an expression in Chinese that I've heard my friends say/talk about. When talking to their baby/child, they would often say the Chinese equivalent of "Don't get too excited" (I don't believe we say anything like this in English), if the baby/child shows too much emotion..

Perhaps it is almost like 'calm down'? I am not sure what the exact meaning is, but it is a similar meaning to what I described.

I think the second character's pronunciation is "dian3/4". Does this sound like anything famiilar to anyone?

Thanks!/谢谢!

Ah, yes!! Thank you skylee. It was indeed 静点! (and I now realize that there were two words and not one)

It also has the easy translation - "calm down".. I think it is probably better than "don't get too excited"! (although a friend of mine was explaining something similar years ago.. and he translated it to "don't get too excited". Maybe it was a different expression)

谢谢大家