Jump to content
Chinese-Forums
  • Sign Up

Chinese Punk Rock Song Translation 《噢买尬》


Recommended Posts

Posted

Chinese Punk Rock Song Translation 《噢买尬》 - Oh my god!

For an online recording of the song click &cat=0&gate=1&ct=134217728&tn=baidumt,%E0%DE%C2%F2%DE%CE++&si=%E0%DE%C2%F2%DE%CE;;%CE%E5%D4%C2%CC%EC;;605184;;605184&lm=-1&mtid=1&d=9&size=4194304&attr=0,0&titlekey=529625399,1256697026&mtype=1"]HERE

An upbeat song about breaking up with your girlfriend.

噢买尬 噢买尬.................Oh my God, Oh my God

真的太久不见啦................It been way too long

我随时ok就等你电话............Whenever you free just give us a call

哭阿哭阿哭阿..................I cry-I cry-I cry

哭到眼泪都干啦................Cry till my tears dry

哭到海滩只剩下沙..............Till the sea dries

整个世界只剩下................Till there is nothing left in this world,

你听我说话...................You listen to what I say

一直到天黑也不回家.............I go out but don’t return till daylight

混阿混阿混阿.................Drifting, drifting, drifting

混到天空都老啦................Wasting the days away

计划依然没有变化..............It all stays the same

剩下我们说的..................All of what we said

神话梦话废话.................Our dreams, promises came to nothing

就着样陪着我到长大............Like growing old together

噢买尬 噢买尬................Oh my God, oh my God

这是一定要的阿...............That is just the way it is

喝到挂 唱到哑................I Drink myself stupid, Sing till I lose my voice

笑到流泪 哭到趴...............Laugh till I cry, cry till I fall

噢买尬 噢买尬.................Oh my God, oh my God

真的太久不见啦................It been way too long

我随时ok就等你电话............Whenever you free just give us a call

巴黎铁塔 东京铁塔.............The Eiffel tower, Japanese pagodas

蛋塔 金字塔..................The pyramids

回忆慢慢积沙成塔.............The memories we shared

回忆回不去了.................But I can’t look back

但你一起来了.................But you came along

一起到更远的未来吧............We were supposed to be forever

无猜无邪无私.................No Guessing, Nothing sinister, No selfishness

无瑕的友情无价................Pure priceless love

你是买不到的奢华..............The type money can’t buy

天涯有天风景有风..............But the weather changed

浪花有花....................Then it all changed

再加上我有你就够啦.............If all I had was you then that was enough

噢买尬 噢买尬................Oh my God, oh my god

这是一定要的阿................That just that way it is

喝到挂 唱到哑................I drink till stupid, sing till I have no voice

笑到流泪 哭到趴...............Laugh till I cry, cry till I fall,

噢买尬 噢买尬................Oh my God, oh my god,

真的太久不见啦................It is been way too long,

我随时ok就等你电话.............Whenever you free, just give us a call.

=====================================================================================================================================================

While I encourage any questions, 'quires and qualms, my hope is that rather than simple criticism, we instead make constructive suggestions with specific examples.

My initial words are not the end all, but rather the instigation of further creation.

=====================================================================================================================================================

Posted

就着样陪着我到长大 - Shouldn't the first 着 be 這?

蛋塔 - egg tarts

天涯有天风景有风浪花有花 - I guess it means that everything in the world should be in its right place (there is a nice sky above us, nice wind in nice scenery and waves in the ocean), and when I am with you I am complete.

无瑕的友情无价 - yeah it looks like the song is about friendship.

Posted

Thank you Xiaocai and skylee for you comments,

From www.baidu.com:

主要是对朋友之间友情的一些表达,可能是分开很久的朋友又重新聚到一起,一种换了的心情。

You are right! This is not a love song but about friendship. I really appreciate your comments; in fact this is why I post these song translations up, because sometimes there are cultural differences that are deeper than the literal meaning of words. I like my friends and you can call me cold hearted but I would never express myself to a bunch of my mates as this song does, and I'm fairly certain that most blokes from Western countries are the same. For example:

哭到眼泪都干啦................Cry till my tears dry

神话梦话废话.................Our dreams, promises came to nothing

无猜无邪无私.................No guessing, nothing sinister, no selfishness

无瑕的友情无价................Pure priceless friendship

Which leads me to two conclusions; 1) that perhaps in China and Taiwan males are more open in expressing themselves to each other and or

2) that my misunderstanding of the main theme has exaggerated the songs meaning.

Or have I just misunderstood?

Also skylee, your right with 这, that was a typo. But I'm curious as to how to translate 蛋塔 - egg tarts, because:

"The Eiffel tower, Japanese pagodas, EGG TARTS, The Pyramids".

Inserting Egg tarts in amongst the world’s most famous tourist destinations just seems weird. What am I misunderstanding here?

And I like your explanation of: 天涯有天风景有风浪花有花.

Posted

In

serting Egg tarts in amongst the world’s most famous tourist destinations just seems weird. What am I misunderstanding here?

It is good fun. It is also 塔, but hey it is no tower hahaha that sort of stuff. What should you do with it as a translator? Just drop it? I thought you mentioned 信達雅 somewhere. I think the fundamental principle might be 信. And then you have to present it in manners that are 達 and 雅.

PS - and 东京铁塔 is Tokyo Tower, not Japanese pagodas.

Posted

Skylee, thank you for your comments.

I've ammended the translation below:

噢买尬 噢买尬.................Oh my God, Oh my God,

真的太久不见啦................It been way too long,

我随时ok就等你电话............Just give us a call,

哭阿哭阿哭阿..................I cry, I cry, I cry,

哭到眼泪都干啦................Cry till my tears dry,

哭到海滩只剩下沙..............Till the sea dries,

整个世界只剩下................Till there is nothing left in this world,

你听我说话...................ALL THE D & M'S,

一直到天黑也不回家.............PARTYING TILL IT IS daylight,

混阿混阿混阿.................Drifting, drifting, drifting,

混到天空都老啦................Wasting the days away,

计划依然没有变化..............It all stays the same,

剩下我们说的..................All of what we said,

神话梦话废话.................Our dreams, OUR ASPIRATIONS, WHAT BULLSHIT,

就这样陪着我到长大............THATS JUST HOW WE GREW UP,

噢买尬 噢买尬................Oh my God, oh my God,

这是一定要的阿...............That is just the way it is,

喝到挂 唱到哑................I Drink myself stupid, Sing till I lose my voice,

笑到流泪 哭到趴...............Laugh till I cry, cry till I fall,

噢买尬 噢买尬.................Oh my God, oh my God,

真的太久不见啦................It been way too long,

我随时ok就等你电话............Just give us a call

巴黎铁塔 东京铁塔.............The Eiffel tower, TOKYO TOWER,

蛋塔 金字塔..................CROQUEMBOUCHE, The pyramids,

回忆慢慢积沙成塔.............The memories we shared,

回忆回不去了.................But I can’t look back,

但你一起来了.................But you came along,

一起到更远的未来吧............We were supposed to be FRIENDS forever,

无猜无邪无私.................No FRONTING, Nothing WACK, CREW FOR LIFE,

无瑕的友情无价................REAL FRIENDS,

你是买不到的奢华..............The type money can’t buy,

天涯有天风景有风..............EVERYTHING WAS IN ITS PLACE,

浪花有花....................LIFE WAS SIMPLE,

再加上我有你就够啦............ADD A COUPLE OF MATES AND LIFE IS GREAT,

噢买尬 噢买尬................Oh my God, oh my god,

这是一定要的阿................That'S just that way it is,

喝到挂 唱到哑................I drink till I'M stupid, sing till I LOSE MY voice,

笑到流泪 哭到趴...............Laugh till I cry, cry till I fall,

噢买尬 噢买尬................Oh my God, oh my god,

真的太久不见啦................It is been way too long,

我随时ok就等你电话.............Whenever you free, just give us a call.

Join the conversation

You can post now and select your username and password later. If you have an account, sign in now to post with your account.
Note: Your post will require moderator approval before it will be visible.

Guest
Unfortunately, your content contains terms that we do not allow. Please edit your content to remove the highlighted words below.
Click here to reply. Select text to quote.

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

  Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

×
×
  • Create New...