Chinese-Forums

Import Industry Vocabulary

Song You Shen

So I just got a job as an Import Production Associate for a company that does paper packaging through Chinese factories. I will be needing to contact China on a daily basis and I am looking for some key "Import" or "Packaging" industry vocabulary to use. I have taken Business Chinese before, so I know that it is much different than your coloquial Chinese (Business has it's own language). So I guess I'm trying to see if anyone here has been in or around this industry that might be able to help me out, or point me in the right direction for material that will be helpful! Thanks so Much!

宋悠神

Oh, you'd be wanting the Latest English-Chinese Packaging Dictionary then. Or perhaps the Second Latest

You may be as well off running through the catalogues from your suppliers if there are such things, or maybe the relevant Alibaba pages - they'll have pictures, which are always handy. General trade / import-export vocab is pretty well covered in online vocab lists I think, shouldn't be too hard to find specific terms when you need them.

• Like 2