Chinese-Forums

need nice quotation in Chinese to send a book

annaD

Hello,

I work a as volunteer in one of TJ hospitals, to help and translate foreign patiens here. Before I leave TJ, I would like to express my respect to the doctors I work with. I want to give them a book and need your help, to write a nice, wise sentence in Chinese (high level Chinese). The sense of the sentence shall show my happiness to have a chance meet them because I came from far away, and respect.

All your ideas are very welcome!

A.

So which book are you going to give them? And what exactly would you like us to translate? I'm sure we could help you translate whatever you'd like to say into Chinese...but what you want to say is really up to you :)

Hi Daan,

Somebody already helped me to find the right sentence: One of the most famous Tang poem quotes: 海内存知己,天涯若比邻 -- A bosom friend afar brings a distant land near. 

If you know something similar, please write it here. I have another book about my country to give another person.

I assume what you are looking for is an existing common Chinese saying expressing those sentiments, not for us to translate something from English into Chinese for you? 'cause if you want the second, you're gotta need to post what you want translated.....

Two famous quotations you might want to consider:

四海之内,皆兄弟也

All men are brothers.

有朋自远方来,不亦悦乎

Is there anything better than having friends come from afar?