Chinese-Forums

How to say "loyalty" in Chinese in a work context

zhouhaochen

for loyalty towards your company/colleagues (not a friend, relative, country, spouse etc.), any suggestions on how to express this in a work context?

I have the feeling 忠诚 is a bit too strong (too personal to be used in a work context), but I could be wrong. Interesting that in 10 years of working in China that word has never come up. Or maybe it did and I just didn't understand. Or is 忠诚 just fine?

Any suggestions welcome...

You are mandating "loyalty" in an employee contract? That seems so weird to me.

I mean, it's good for an employee to be loyal, but either the employee is loyal, or the employee is not loyal, and it seems to me that putting it in a contract doesn't make any difference.

thanks for all the replies!

so I used 忠诚 and it did seem to get the meaning across well.

Jbradfor: was an oral conversation not a contract. I think loyalty is not something you can demand, you can only gain it over time. I agree having it in a contract would be rather pointless.

PS: I will stay out of the 爱人/台湾 debate... :rolleyes:

"work context". Oh yeah, that's what the thread title says. Not "work contract".

Nevermind.

I'm doing this more and more, misreading things. I don't know if I'm getting senile, careless, sleep deprived, or my Chinese is taking over my English. Or all four.