Chinese-Forums

Hanzi statistics 9Anki plugin)

Silent

I downloaded the hanzi statistics plugin for Anki. I study a couple of decks for one of the decks (Simplified Mandarin -HSK Basic (First 1000 Characters)) the plugin does not work. I read that it looks for a Hanzi tag, but don't know where that tag should be located.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

A field must be named "Hanzi". This can be changed in the card layout:

Try the menu Settings --> Deck Properties

Then choose the model from the list and click on "Edit"

Then click on "Card Layout"

On the tab "Fields" you can set the names of the fields on your cards

I already checked that and it contained already a field Hanzi. The decks that work correctly don't have a Hanzi field. So I changed it, made sure no hidden characters exist in front or back. Even changed it to something else. Nothing changed. Also the question and answer field contain Hanzi tags in the body.

I also checked the decks where it does work. There I didn't find any Hanzi tags at all. So I suspected I had to look elsewhere.

I also tried exporting and importing the data in a deck where the statistics work. Then only the data for the preexisting cards is displayed. I guess because the card layout is transferred too.

Any other ideas?

I remember with the last big Anki update (version 1.2) the deck tags were removed. The Pinyin Toolkit used these tags to recognize decks which use the toolkit. However, these tags do not exist anymore and the pinyin toolkit uses the deck name or model name (one of these two, I am not sure). Thus i recommend, you try to rename the deck or model so that it contains the string "Mandarin".

Thanks for the input, I've found the solution when I was looking for info on how to add the file with known characters. In contrary to what the description said the fieldname should not be Hanzi, but it has to be 'expression'. Now it works.