Chinese-Forums

Technical Chinese for machinary installation

erhanisguzar

Hi everyone,

I will soon start to install a machinary with Chinese engineers, so i need to learn some general and technical Chinese words and sentences like concrete, iron, automatic use or else. Could anyone help me on that? Waiting for urgent help. Please e-mail me.. Thanks in advance

Hello,

I cannot help with the technical vocabulary, but I wondered if you knew any chinese? It isn't just a matter of knowing the chinese for things. I am not sure what help it would be if you knew a few words for concrete, iron etc. You may want to invest in some kind of handheld trnslator, or software for a smart phone. Good luck Shelley

I once heard of a tool that helps you with exactly that problem. It's made out of thin sheets of cellulose that have been imbued with a light-absorbing pigment and bound together into a big fan-like object. Its main function is to stimulate your retina so as to activate the neural pathways that lead to the superior temporal gyrus, and thereby provoke the production of myelinated axons. With these axons in place, you should find that the task at hand will have become significantly easier.

• Like 3

I once heard of a tool that helps you with exactly that problem. It's made out of thin sheets of cellulose that have been imbued with a light-absorbing pigment and bound together into a big fan-like object. Its main function is to stimulate your retina so as to activate the neural pathways that lead to the superior temporal gyrus, and thereby provoke the production of myelinated axons. With these axons in place, you should find that the task at hand will have become significantly easier.

I wanna know the purpose of these sentences...

I wanna know the purpose of these sentences...

In other words, read a book.

daofeishi's point is that if you want to learn vocabulary, look in a dictionary, no need to post. I think the OP's "Please e-mail me.." ending the post set daofeishi over the edge B)

Hi all,

Firstly thanks for all replies, I've been studying chinese for five years, and i ever never used a paper dictionary. I use mobile dicts and other means. But i can not find what i am looking for in them too, so if here there is anyone who worked in a machinery installation i thought they might know the necessary words and chinese of them.

Thanks everyone...

I think that if you had said what you said in your last post first, the situation may have been clearer and the replies warmer. I am amazed that you can't find these anywhere. I put some of the words you metioned into Pleco and got some results. Not being skilled in machinery installation, I don't know why they may or may not be suitable. I am sure as a last resort you could consult a paper dictionary. Good Luck Shelley

If you've been learning Chinese for five years you should be able to pick up a lot of the vocab you need just by reading around on industry websites. If you can't do that yet, probably best to rely on English.

• Like 1

In other words, read a book.

daofeishi's point is that if you want to learn vocabulary, look in a dictionary, no need to post. I think the OP's "Please e-mail me.." ending the post set daofeishi over the edge B)

Yes, you even got the extra credit right.

Coming to a forum demanding that people email you personally urgently will usually not get you anywhere. People will also generally appreciate that you state exactly what you need help with (i.e. which words you cannot find) and where you have looked. I do not believe for a minute that an ordinary dictionary, even a free online one, will not contain most of the words you need. On nciku I could find anything from "reinforced concrete" to "T-girder".