Chinese-Forums

New Chinese Slang Dictionary

Hongtao

大家好,

I am Hongtao, a University student learning Mandarin Chinese. I am interested in learning Chinese slang, and its variation over location; thus, I have started a new website Niuword.com 牛词网. My classmate directed me to this website to find people interested in similar topics. Anyone can log on and post new words, but they must include definition, usage, 3 related terms, and where the term originated. I am working on adding new terms as I come across them, and I have some native Chinese friends helping upload the slang they use. The website will generate pinyin for the definitions after it goes through the editing process. Here is an example of what a user has uploaded onto the site:

长得很抱歉 [zhǎngdehěnbàoqiàn]

2011-11-04

长得不好看

她长得实在太抱歉了,怪不得没有男朋友。

大陆

This site will be useful to Chinese learners because 1. it will have a large accessible database of Chinese slang terms, 2. it is free for everyone to use, 3. you can share information from the site through social media integration, and 4. all slang terms include definitions and example usage to help improve students understanding and usage of slang.

I hope that through the help of this online community, this project can become the world's largets online source of Chinese slang terms, and that we can help advance the learning of Chinese slang across the globe.

Thanks for your support everyone, I would also like any feedback you have about this type of project.

http://www.niuword.com

• Like 1