Chinese-Forums

How do you use 味道?

Hsuesheng

I think that should be 咸

No, that is not correct. It's confusing because the poster said "savory" and that can be taken to mean "salty" as in savory crepes vs. sweet crepes. However, 鲜 is used to describe a particular (good) taste. For example, you can use 鲜 to describe the taste of an oxtail soup that has been cooking for hours where the flavors in the bones and meat are fully integrated into the soup.

Adding: here's a link about 鲜味

http://zh.wikipedia.org/wiki/鮮味

鲜味 is also associated with a flavor that is accentuated by adding 味精(MSG) to food.

Too bad the admin won't care to explain anything and just down post anything that challenges them while upposting random posts about I disagree and it's okay?

Just for the record, none of the negative votes you've received in this thread were from an admin member. Also, just for the record, admins don't get more than one upvote/downvote per post either, and neither does the forum software provide a way for admins to alter the vote tallies (we can however see who voted up/down a post). And while vote manipulation could probably be done by logging in to the server and mucking around in the database, the standard admin interface doesn't provide this functionality, and doing so would be far more hassle than it's worth.

I think skylee's explanation in #16 is quite close to the mark.