Chinese-Forums

一起永遠 (Together Forever)

Nullified

• New Members

一起 - Together

永遠 - Forever

My wife and I would like to get chinese symbols or words that mean something in the realm of together forever or forever loved, etc.

I have found that the above mean the words together and forever, however when translated as a phrase an extra character is added.

If my wife got 一起 on her wrist and I got 永遠 on mine and we put them side by side, would it means that we would be together forever?

As has been said many times before, if you are not 100% sure of what you are getting permantly tattooed on your bodies, don't do it.

Think, why do you want it in chinese, no one will know what it means unless you are around alot of people who read chinese.

Chinese characters ( not symbols) do not impart any kind of magic or special powers to words.

Chinese characters are very beautiful but prone to a lot of mistakes, why would a tattoo artist be skilled in writing chinese, think about it.

Translations straight from english to chinese don't always come across with same feling you are expecting.

As always with tattoos think once, think twice and then think some more.

Why not pick a nice english font and have it written in english and then all the people you meet will be able to appreciate it.

• Like 1

Hi,

"Togeter Forever" is little bit wierd, if translate to Chinese as “”永远一起,

"永远在一起" will be better.but cannot be seperated I think. Actually, we cannot translate Chinese from English directly..

I agree with Shelley, maybe you need think more about your decision..or spend more time to choose a proper and beautiful word.. :P

• Like 2