Chinese-Forums

What do you call the accommodation registration certificate?

drungood

I have to ask the police here for a new one, as my school needs it to renew my residence permit. Last time I registered with them several months ago, they didn't give me a certificate. What should I ask them for?

Registration form of temporary residence for visitors

境外人员临时住宿登记表

(not sure if you asked about that one. Normally you first extend your visa / residence permit and then go to the police with the new visa / residence permit and register)

• Like 1

Normally you first extend your visa / residence permit and then go to the police with the new visa / residence permit and register

No. Normality doesn't exist. Lesson No 1 in China.

Each city has its own regulations. I don't have to register at all.

Thanks chaiknees, I believe that's the one.

Here in Kunming you do accomodation registration, then you get the residence permit from the school, then you do accomodation registration again. Seems pointlessly inconvenient but I don't really understand the system.

Here in Kunming you do accomodation registration, then you get the residence permit from the school, then you do accomodation registration again.

Right. That's the way I've always done it here also. Agree with @Chaiknees in post #2 about the title of the document, even though this year I used a different 派出所 and it had a slightly different name. 境外人员住宿登记凭证。