Chinese-Forums

See Eye to Eye - Chinese Idiom

dajaphonics

• 3 months later...

心有灵犀 came to my mind but I think that's more like "on the same wavelength" and seen as a desirable quality for a romantic partner (correct me if I'm wrong).

Is an idiom even necessary though? Couldn't you just use the word for "agree"?

I could not just use just a word, it has to be an idiom - preferably a less mainstream one because I am starting an "alt business" in China. We are trying to make people see that we are not lamestream from the get go. But then again, maybe the idiom "see eye to eye" is too lamestream from the get go.

Are laowai buzzworthy in China?

Do I, a simple laowai, have the buzzworthy alt status to start an alt business in China?

Are laowai all lamestreamers in their own country, pretending to be alt in China?

Do you have what it takes to start an alt business in China?

Is my existential laowai crisis alt?

*post dedicated to carles

an idiom - preferably a less mainstream one

What is that supposed to mean? An idiom people don't use or generally don't know? Or do you mean something that doesn't sound cliched?

Also, what's an "alt business"?

"不约而同” “不谋而合” the same meaning

Not quite. Both of these mean that the people involved reached the same conclusion independently. To see eye to eye just means to have the same understanding of something or to be in agreement.

This is not really an idiom and more of a collocation, but what about 见解一致, or its negation 见解不一致/见解分歧?