Chinese-Forums

Looking for English Chinese dictionary on art (drawing, painting...)

machinarium

Very interested in this topic, as i myself am a graphic designer (sorry if it doesn't sound too good, i dont really know how to say this in english :s).

I believe you can use the term 画 when you mean to use the verb “to draw" but i'm not 100% sure...

Nice to see another graphic designer here. I've been looking for a complied list on this topic but still no success so far.

One of the tricks I use to translate technical terms is using Wikipedia. We can search for a term in English Wikipedia then use the Chinese version of that article.

By the way, it doesn't work all the time.

Good idea!

I actually just remembered that i have a book 'bout chinese-portuguese cultural interaction, and it has some paintings and pics of (mostly from macau) chinese/portuguese paintors/fotographers.

Anyway, as any decent art book, it has the technique that the paintor used to make the painting, but like it is a multicultural book it has it in chinese (traditional chinese, probably cantonese, it shouldn't make much diference tho), english and portuguese.

Point being... I promisse ill try and get the most vocabulary i can outta that book tomorrow and post it here, i'm pretty sure ill be able to get the most common things (oil, canvas, charcoal). I'll do it first thing tomorrow, now it is late and i gotta sleep so i dont brain fart the whole day tomorrow *o*

• 3 weeks later...