Chinese-Forums

这么以来

Tulee

hi guys,

So i have been watching detective conan in Chinese for fun. Everytime someone states something that happened based on evidence shown, a second perosn follows up with "这么以来”   bla bla bla. Anyone have any idea how it translates?. Of course i am not sure it is exactly 这么以来, but that is how it sounds ( it is definitely zhemeyilai, just not sure what characters and what meaning)

Thanks,

-Tulee

• 4 weeks later...

Hi

I am Chinese. I am so excited, because I also like watching Conan.

Usually we say “这么一来zhè me yì lái ” . It should be “” instead of “”.

The who expression means after the occurrence of a certain situation, used as the predicate of a sentence to mean to do in this way.

Eg: 那时他正和美智子小姐吃饭,这么一来他就有了不在场证明,但是其实

Nà shí tā zhènɡ hé Měizhìzǐ xiǎojiě chīfàn zhè me yì lái tā jiù yǒu le bú zài chǎnɡ zhènɡmínɡ dànshì qíshí …

(He was eating with Miss Meizhizi, so he could to be proved he was not in the crime scene in that way, but actually…)

• 1 month later...

That's a really useful example sentence flowertea. Just remember in English 不在場證明 is known as an "alibi". So you could translate the sentence as "He was eating with Miss Mei Zhizi so he would have an alibi, but actually..." Not sure if there is an exact equivalent in English for 這麼一來 though...

Tooironic,你已经六级了对吧,很厉害!还拿到了翻译证书,那么我就直接写中文了哦。我在翻译“不在场证明”时,上网找了找,看到了alibi,但是因为我没怎么接触过法律方面的词,也没能及时和我的外国学生和外国朋友确认,就写了很长的那个,现在我在这里跟你又学到了新的东西,谢谢。