Chinese-Forums

Colloquial Everyday Sentences

BenK

Hi Ho,

I just stumbled over the idea to create a collection of colloquial Mandarin Phrases and Sentence Patterns everyone could use in his day to day chinese. By colloquial I certainly dont mean those mainly useless ones you find in textbooks but rather the ones you learn if you are already advanced in your chinese studies.

I guess it would be wise to ask just as many of these as you voluntarily want or can write down in a moment so no one feels urged to empty his full wisdom at once - and as a consequence doesnt contribute anything at all!

It doesnt matter if its a rather complicated Structure like:

And won't he be surprised after supper when everybody troops in!
          那么,吃完晚饭后看见那么多人涌进门来,他不给吓坏

It'll be a miracle if he ever gives up smoking! 他要是真戒了烟,那呢!

Or if its just a plain:

Never mind!
          不要紧!

Im pretty sure many people would be happy about all this usefulness in one place which otherwise would take hours or more to find out about.

Greetings

• Like 1

Roddy's mention of 弄 in his 2003 post, reminds me that I often hear 弄头发 from my lady friends when they are getting ready to go out. The equivalent of "fix my hair" in colloquial English.

• Like 2