Chinese-Forums

What exactly does this phrase mean?

莱利89

Hey everyone, still pretty new to this great forum but loving all the great info and study tips on learning Chinese. My girlfriend is from Sichuan and speaks 四川话 which is very hard for me to understand so she try's to speak 普通话the majority of the time. One day we were with her friends and she told me to tell them this 贱人就是矫情... I cant quite understand the meaning of it, can anybody help me out? I know its not the nicest thing to say but the full meaning I cant quite get it. 

四川话spoken by anyone under the age of 35 is much closer to 普通话 than that spoken by the older generation. You'll find that eventually it begins to start sounding like an 'accent'. Although that admittedly takes a long time and a lot of patience.

Ah yea that makes sense, however she is from a small village just on the outskirts of 巴中 and her family only speaks 四川话 so I am pretty sure she also does. I sometimes ask her what certain phrases would be in that dialect and receive a completely different phrase. I will keep up the practice and hopefully one day will be able to understand!