Chinese-Forums

GamesLearnChinese.com promo (upgrade to premium for free)

Games Learn Chinese

• New Members
Games Learn Chinese

Ni Hao,

we have an special promo for Chinese-forum members. You can upgrade your account to premium for free, just follow these steps:

1- If you do not have an account create one on www.gameslearnchinese.com
2- Go to the promo page, http://www.gameslearnchinese.com/promo.php
3- Introduce the promo code "premium4free"

promo.png

I went and had a look at the website and decided to join up so that I could find out more and give some feedback on it here.

I have not received my activation email yet or worse its gone in the spam box, without registering all over again is there anyway to resend the activation email again and I will check my spam this time :)

I spent some time playing games, looking at the resources and the links today. I like the choice of topics available to play with.

It is nice and colourful, with fun pictures. I like the choice of characters or pinyin but it would be nice if once you choose one it stays on that till you choose the other one, it seems to reset every time you choose a new game.

The PDF lists are good, look very useful.

The font used for characters is not my favorite, its a bit chunky.

One thing that really was frustrating was the repetition. In any one game the same characters are repeated several times and sometimes 2 or 3 times in a row, really want it to show new ones, and only repeat ones that you get wrong.

I also am not at all keen on the way it tells you that you have got it wrong, comes across a bit too strong, big red box and the words YOU ARE WRONG and when you get it right it is just a little green man and the word OK. For me it should be bigger for getting right because that's what you should be rewarded for and getting it wrong should just be a neutral thing saying its wrong and here is the right answer. The way it is now it feels like I am being told off for getting it wrong and it shouldn't be like that.

I also think this would be great for kids or entry level adults and teens, its a bit too childish for me.

Overall its a good effort and will find its niche amongst the Chinese educational material.

All this is of course only my opinion.

I've too largely agree with Shelley and would add 2 issue's.

- imho the vocabulary sets seem to small. Obviously a bit of repetition doesn't hurt, that's the idea in order to learn, but too often the same word is repeated 2 or 3 times in a row and 4 or 5 times the same word in a series of 20 or so is imho just too much.

- it's a pity that to get to the higher levels of HSK vocabulary you have to go through all the lower levels making the games more suitable for absolute beginners.

- it's a pity that to get to the higher levels of HSK vocabulary you have to go through all the lower levels making the games more suitable for absolute beginners.

This seems to be a common feature of these sites.

• 2 weeks later...