Chinese-Forums

How to get a PDF of your HSK certificate

mungouk

Anyone can check your HSK result if you give them your admission ticket number and the name you registered with.

Just go to the Score box on chinesetest.cn and put them in, along with the code shown.

tmp.thumb.png.dea652381d408a2431c9e948dc23c5b9.png

Now, maybe this is common knowledge but it's news to me... it turns out that the result page then has a link at the bottom to "print" your certificate. (You might need to be logged in for this link to appear, I'm not sure.) The link says 打印成绩单 — print transcript.

If you click the link a dialogue box will pop up, in Chinese. The button on the left prints a test page, and the button on the right prints the certificate... on my Chrome browser it downloaded a PDF. You have to click the test page button first for the right-hand button to be enabled.

66058715_Screenshot2021-03-27at15_50_39.thumb.png.a23f6b9c860d317a75b73974422b20b1.png

This PDF version of the certificate looks almost identical to the paper one and has a QR code on it that anyone can use to verify it. 

(I paid 292 RMB last year to get my paper one shipped by DHL to the UK, huh!)

So hey — what do you know? You can get a digital copy of your certificate after all...

Likely to be of interest to those outside China who took the online "at home" test, and can't use WeChat or UnionPay cards to pay for their certificate to be shipped to their home country. 

Edited by mungouk
Updated info
  • Like 2
  • Helpful 2

I just tried this with tests I took earlier in 2017 and 2018 and the printing link wasn't there, whereas the test I took in 2020 worked fine.

I guess this is a feature they introduced relatively recently, like adding the QR code to certificates.

• Like 1

• 2 weeks later...
On 3/27/2021 at 1:58 AM, mungouk said:

Just go to the Score box on chinesetest.cn and put them in, along with the code shown.

tmp.thumb.png.dea652381d408a2431c9e948dc23c5b9.png

Now, maybe this is common knowledge but it's news to me... it turns out that the result page then has a link at the bottom to "print" your certificate. (You might need to be logged in for this link to appear, I'm not sure.) The link says 打印成绩单 — print transcript.

hI,

I can't find this at all.

EDIT:FOUND IT!

for me,

the top one just shows the 3 i have done, but can't find anything to click on

reasses not pressed

and the otther two, as soon as i type H in the test admi number, just says does not exist as soon as i type anything! haha

ah found it!

wow, nice!

the site is as easy to use as always! haha

edit: seems to only appear once, and one of them kept saying file to upload, now the link has gone 

On 3/27/2021 at 4:01 AM, mungouk said:

I guess this is a feature they introduced relatively recently, like adding the QR code to certificates

Given how terrible that website is, I find it hard to believe they're still adding new features.

• Like 2

• 1 month later...
  • New Members

Hello All,

I tried this but I can't see any link. I do get the score report but that's all. 

Even if I press ctrl+F I can't find 打印成绩单.

(It work the other way round if I scan the QR code on my  paper certificate, I get the online cert that is kind of identical to the paper one)

Any advice on this?

@RekaT — are you logged in when you try it?

20 hours ago, RekaT said:

I scan the QR code on my  paper certificate, I get the online cert that is kind of identical to the paper one

Does this mean there's no problem then?

• Like 1

• New Members

Yes, I could do this by scanning my paper certification's code. However, in the future, when I need the cert before I get the paper version, is that possible to print it out from their website? 

Welcome to the forums btw, @RekaT

Yes, I believe that's possible. 

With that website you can never really be sure, though!

In fact, why would anyone really need to pay for a paper version ever again if they can get a PDF with the QR code on it for validation?  Unless you desperately want a piece of paper to frame and hang on the wall...

• Like 1

• 3 months later...

Hi guys, my result just out today as I took the exam on 22 August.

I couldnt find where to download the Score Report. I key in my test number (not the test ticket number) in the score report box, it shows the ''result of certification search'' but not the certificate itself. 

There is my details however no cert available. Does that mean the cert still not available yet to download? How long need to wait? Cant I just get the soft copy instead of having them to mail me the physical one?

I had a friend saying that she managed to download the cert 2 months ago, she clicked the Score column.

But it's only one time. Make sure to enable pop up first and will show just like what you said previously (the test print / print cert buttons).

Idek it will only be one time, so I lost my opportunity. Why didnt I ask anyone before trying ?

On 9/6/2021 at 3:37 PM, Farah Yusof said:

Idek it will only be one time, so I lost my opportunity. Why didnt I ask anyone before trying ?

Don't worry. 

Keep trying. As @mungouk said, (and we all know if tried to use it) - it's not the easiest site to navigate.

I tried a few times, and certainly 2 of my certificates were available for printing, because I went back to get another copy when I got a new computer. One of them never has been available though. Luckily only hsk 1 but I still would have liked the certificate! 

• New Members

I took (and passed) HSK 5 on April 11th 2020, but I can't find a print button for the life of me. 

I've scanned every single page of the "Personal Information Center" up and down three times over, used CMD-F to search each page, and even asked the principal of my school in China. We're both completely lost as to what to do.

I'm going to contact the HSK centre that I took my test with directly and ask them to give me a hand. 

If it's true that you only get one opportunity to print the certificate on your first login, they should do a better job at notifying participants of that restriction. Because when you're in the frantic state of mind of checking the HSK site for your score every two hours, you're not thinking of the consequences of a poorly designed UX.

• 6 months later...