Chinese-Forums

White guys singing Cantonese?

boosh

I was wondering,.... since I'm learning Cantonese for no reason at all then me loving the sound of the language I thought why not sing in it.

I am a music producer and singer of a band and am seriously thinking about releasing a single in partly Cantonese and English.

My question:

Are there any white guys that do this allready? And would it be a nice Gimmick?

A Dutch singer, Birgit, recently released a single in Chinese (Mandarin). She's not a white guy though.

I don't think you'll get a big hit with a song in Cantonese, but it definately is a nice gimmick.

Twin brothers Julio and Dino Acconci (Soler) were born and raised in Macau. They both speak and sing in 7 languages, including: English, Cantonese, Mandarin, Italian, Spanish, Portugese and French.

i doubt it lol, Cantonese and Portugese sure, but just because you know Portugese doesn't mean you know Italian, Spanish, and French automatically, and I don't know where they got Mandarin and English from :shock:

• 2 months later...
  • 2 years later...

yes there is a white guy from liverpool england called barry cox,

He sings cantonese and mandarin and is doing quite well i see. he has a movie getting made about him too aparantly.

i think i know someone that knows him if you want to get in touch with him.