Chinese-Forums

Where to buy chinese CDs?

Chungalin

I've use imarnet before. They mainly distribute Rock Records releases, not sure if they are somehow associated with them or not. Used to be one of the few sites that carried OSTs like Ashes of Time and Green Snake. They're not very current, but if they have what you're looking for they are reliable.

I'm not sure if they only sell Rock Records, but it's true that they have links to the official Rock store in Taiwan.

In fact I was looking for the soundtrack of Xiu Xiu (天浴) composed by Johnny Chen (小蟲) and I found it there. By the way, what a great movie directed by Joan Chen.

Thanks for the dangdang recommendation. They're cheap indeed!

• 1 month later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Has anyone here bought anything from dangdang.com to be shipped to North America?

Can you comment on how much you paid for shipping and how long the items took to

arrive?

I looked at their shipping rates, it's quite high in comparison to the actual product prices.

I've shopped at tigercool.com before, music CDs are not as current as their movie VCDs and DVDs, and the prices in general are not as good as dangdang, but the shipping cost is reasonable and delivery was less than a week. Also, I didn't have to pay customs duties ( Canadian customs ) even though I had over 12 CDs in the package.

I'm basically only interested in Chinese rock & alternative music, and dangdang.com has an amazing selection, so I would really love to hear about your experiences with the site.