Chinese-Forums

best female vocal....

andrewfz

If you havent heard Naying (那英)sing 一笑而过...you should. It is the sweetest melody I have heard in years and years.....Just got it off a compliation album. I think its a few years old. It knocked chen lin's 爱就爱了off my personal number 1 spot.

Any other candidates?

:):wink:

I think 那英’s 一笑而过 is good, but between the two, I prefer chen lin's 爱就爱了, I like the 洒脱 / free. :mrgreen:

Regarding female singers in China mainland, recently I also like 韩红’s 歌唱, I like the 淡淡的欢乐 / light happiness

(It looks like "to laugh off (something)" in English but I can't be sure)

I think you are right, and 一笑而过 hints not seriously.

歌曲:一笑而过

歌手:那英 专辑:我不是天使

不要把脸藏在月光背后

有谁在意我们的生活

坐在安静角落

该为这一刻找个解脱

不要你眼里伪装的内疚

该是自己幸福的时候

静静地想一想

谁会追求刻意的温柔

你伤害了我还一笑而过

你爱的贪婪我爱的懦弱

眼泪流过回忆是多余的

只怪自己爱你所有的错

你伤害了我还一笑而过

你爱的贪婪我爱的懦弱

眼泪流过回忆是多余的

刻骨铭心就这样的被你一笑而过

心碎千百遍任谁也无法承担

想安慰自己的语言

ㄧ笑而過, literally, is a laugh/smile so as to pass sth. It is used in a situation that you do not want to make any comments so as not to result in fights, verbally or physically, or not to hurt feelings. Hence, you laugh or smile to let the thing lie. ㄧ笑而過 can be 'laugh sth off'. You can also say ㄧ笑置之. I'm wondering if 'smile on sth' means the same, if you can tell us the difference between 'laugh off' and 'smile on', that'll be great, HashiriKata.

Ex: She tried to laugh off their remarks but the sadness showed in her eyes.

她想對他們所說的話ㄧ笑而過(or ㄧ笑置之), 但眼神難掩悲傷.

Hope it helps.:)

Thanks to Elina and Semantic Nuance for helping with the meaning of 笑而過.

As for Semantic Nuance's question, I think 笑而過 is broadly similar to 'laugh off', but 'laugh off' has also got another sense, namely 'to dismiss (with ridicule)' which is quite negative. 'Smile on' again means something very different: 'to look at favourably/ with approval', 'to approve'.

Cheers,

semantic nuance:

Your ㄧ笑而過 (and I also have seen some other people useㄧin their posts) seems strange to me, compared with 一笑而过, how do you input ㄧfrom your keyboard? I can only input 1 笑而过, but I don't think it's the same with your ㄧ.:mrgreen:

I've had a proper listen to the two songs mentioned here and I agree with andrewfz that both 那英 and 陈琳 are very good: one sounds beautifully broody and the other is more light-hearted and forgiving. I think I'd be quite happy to listen to either, depending on what kind of mood I happen to be in at a particular time.

Ok, now is the more serious business :mrgreen: :

The lyric cited earlier has got this line:

你爱的贪婪我爱的懦弱.

What does this mean exactly? Even if assuming that the sentence has a typo and is intended to be:

你爱得贪婪我爱得懦弱.

Still, what can this mean ???

I happen not to be in that mood now, :mrgreen: so not sure if it’s the meaning, I guess “我爱得懦弱” 形容难以取舍,或者,不能割舍 / can not give up.

懦弱:

[cowardly;weak] 软弱无能;柔弱

性格懦弱

贪婪:

[greedy;avaricious;rapacious] 对财物、钱等充满非同寻常的强烈欲望

贪婪的目光

And maybe “你爱得贪婪” here means 要求的(东西)太多,而不知道付出(BTW, 难道这是爱吗?I don't think it's a love).

• 3 weeks later...

An old song of chen lin, recently I heard my friend sang it, who has a nice voice and is even more 深情的 / soulful than chen lin when singing. I feel it’s 好听的 / orphean.

http://mp3.baidu.com/m?f=ms&rn=&tn=baidump3&ct=134217728&word=%C4%E3%B5%C4%C8%E1%C7%E9%CE%D2%D3%C0%D4%B6%B2%BB%B6%AE+%B3%C2%C1%D5&lm=-1

你的柔情我永远不懂

歌手:陈琳

我给你爱你总是说不

难道我让你真的痛苦

哪一种情用不着付出

如果你爱就爱得清楚

说过的话和走过的路

什么是爱又什么是苦

你的出现是美丽错误

我拥有你但却不是幸福

你的柔情我永远不懂

我无法把你看得清楚

你的柔情我永远不懂

感觉进入了层层迷雾

你的柔情我永远不懂

雾中的梦想不是归宿

你的柔情我永远不懂

我等待着那最后孤独

没有心思看你装糊涂

也没有机会向你倾诉

不想把爱变得太模糊

如果你爱就爱的清楚

说过的话和走过的路

什么是爱又什么是苦

你的出现是美丽错误

我拥有你但却不是幸福

你的柔情我永远不懂

我无法把你看得清楚

你的柔情我永远不懂

感觉进入了层层迷雾

你的柔情我永远不懂

雾中的梦想不是归宿

你的柔情我永远不懂

我等待着那最后孤独

PS. semantic nuance, I also like your new signature. I think 你越来越有禅味儿了。:mrgreen: