Chinese-Forums

Information about a song

Johndrei

Does anyone have information, name of vocalist and possibly name of album, about a song entitled "Train Please Leave Slowly?" It sounds like it might be 3 or 4 decades old, sung by a female.

Another song which interests me is "In a Place Far, Far Away," perhaps about a place near Xining in Xizang or Qinghai.

hi, Johndrei:D

I know the songs you are interested in, the first one is so old that I cannot find too much information.Here is something I got.

1.火车,火车,慢些走,

让我再看一看远走的朋友。

带泪的双手,

挥也挥不够,

火车一声长笛,

寂寞就上心头。

寂寞就上心头。

This is the Chinese lyrics or maybe part of the lyrics.I am sorry my english is so poor that I can't translate it into English for you,hoping someone else can help to translate it (you can ask in "Reading and Writing" in Learning Chinese forum).The Chinese name of this song is 火车慢些走 or 火车火车慢些走.

2.The song is very old and was probably written in 1969-1970.No one knows its author and the exactly time.It was written in a time when a lot of young people left the cities for the countries to construct the country.And most of them didn't have a clear sense of the event.So when they arrived and found there was nothing as they had thought, they began to get disappointed and to miss their home.For this reason, they wrote a lot of songs to express their mind,and Train Please Leave Slowly was one of them.These songs are called 知青离乡曲.

3.As I explained before,no one knows who wrote it and who sang it.From it was written down to now, too many people sang it and I don't know who sang the right one you listened to.All I know is that a singer called 黄文君,who is not famous, has sung it in a album called 《二十年的记忆——大趋向》,in which a lot of singers sing a lot of old songs in it.However, the original didn't belong to any albums.BTW, it is not a good idea to try to find the album 《二十年的记忆——大趋向》, I promise little people have it and you cannot buy it anywhere.Don't waste time finding it, unless you have some Chinese friends who research music.:cry::roll:

Now here is something about 《In a Place Far, Far Away》,and 《在那遥远的地方》in Chinese.The lyrics:

在那遥远的地方

有位好姑娘

人们走过她的帐篷

都要回头留恋的张望

她那粉红的小脸好象红太阳

她那活泼动人的眼睛

好象晚上明媚的月亮

我愿抛弃那财产跟她去放羊

每天看着那粉红的小脸

和那美丽金边的衣裳

我愿做一只小羊跟在她身旁

我愿她拿着细细的皮鞭

不断轻轻打在我身上

also,if you are interested in the meaning of lyrics,ask for help in the forum:D I am sorry again that my English is too poor.:cry: This is a song about a lovely girl.The singer as well as many other guys likes the girl, and the singer wrote such a song to express his love, or about his dream of love.:mrgreen: He imagined the screen in which he fell in love with the girl and he had a happy time.It is the same as first one that many people have sung the song and I don't who is the original singer.But I can tell that 腾格尔 is the best singer of this song.Maybe what you listened to is what he sings:mrgreen: To find more his songs here

Oh it's too hard for me to write so much in English.Hope this will help:wink: And sorry again for my poor English.Any more questions about the two songs, PM me or just reply.Enjoy the beautiful song:wink:

Dido

Dear Amazingdido,

Thank you for all your help! Your English is fine. It is infinitely better than my Italian, French or Chinese.

I am new to this forum and it may take me a while to become more familiar with much of what it offers.

Thanks again for the large amount of information you've posted!

it's my pleasure.my mom is a music teacher and she knows a lot about old songs.and to search the information is quite easy for a native chinese speaker.If you have got any question about Chinese songs or something about China, just ask for help and you can find the answer in the forum.Wish you a good time in the forum.BTW, my Italian and French are also very poor haha.But it doesn't matter:D

• 3 weeks later...

Thank you so much to amazingdido also from me. 我找去找来,可是找不到这歌词!我也试一试听歌词,听不懂。试二试还听不懂!But I could hear a few of the words and oh certainly appreciate the sadness of the singer's voice, how haunting, 就我很感动,很难过!噢,谢谢你!谢谢你!

约翰好

You're welcome YuehanHao:mrgreen:

But there is something wrong with what you've written

我也试一试听歌词,听不懂。试二试还听不懂!

It will be better that 我也试着听了一次歌词,(但是)听不懂,又试了一次还是听不懂.

If you still have any question about 试一试,ask in the Grammar and Vocabulary.

We never say 试二试 in Chinese.

I like music very much,any question about Chinese song please feel free to ask me.

amazingdido:D

I've found the following lyrics -

火车火车慢些走,

让我再看一看远走的朋友,

摆累的双手挥也挥不够,

火车一声长鸣,寂寞就上心头。

寂寞就上心头。

火车火车慢些走,

让我在看一看亲爱的朋友,

满腹的心里话总也说不够,

火车一声长鸣,我们就分了手。

我们就分了手。

And some audio resources -> http://mp3.baidu.com/m?tn=baidump3&ct=134217728&lm=-1&word=%BB%F0%B3%B5%BB%F0%B3%B5%C2%FD%D0%A9%D7%DF