Chinese-Forums

"cute" expressions

heifeng

Just wanted to start a thread on some colloquial expressions that seem pretty cute...hope others can add on to this...I'll add more when I actually remember more of what I've heard around...not necessarily stuff you'll see in books, and not necessarily vulgar, just stuff you have heard when chatting with people...no matter how useless, just add it here. I think it might be fun just to see some of the creative expressions out there...

地包天: lower lip larger than upper lip

天包地: upper lip larger than lower lip

走11路车: to walk (got it, 11 = your two legs...)

These phrases and words are what's called 偈后语 in Chinese, there are hundreds of them.
That should be 后语. If the examples given above have indeed become 歇后语, can you give the first parts of the phrases?

• 4 weeks later...
  • 8 months later...

ok, bringing my own thread back to life here...

so I was watching something about this expert noodle chef in Korea. Of course because she spends all day rolling dough and stuff she's pretty buff, and thus they where commenting on her nice bicepts and the were calling the flexed muscle her 小老鼠....so is this something that is actually said in Chinese, or was it b/c it was a Korean program translated into Chinese....I'm curious.....

And, on a similar note, what other slang are there for muscles then....etc

This needs to be confirmed by native speakers, but I think 小老鼠 for bicepts must be Chinese (and the same thing may exist in Korean). The other thing is, 小老鼠 is not just for any muscle, but only for those in the bicepts, especially when they are fairly visible/ prominent.

ok, no native speaker have verified the 小老鼠 flexed bicept expression, but then out of the blue, I stumbled upon another meaning of 小老鼠, meaning @. Apparently (or according to my coworker) Cantonese people say this....so instead of 圈"A" for @ you can say just 小老鼠 .

Anyone know for sure or actually say this....I'm going to start anyway since it's funner than saying 'at' or 圈"A"

And yes, I apparently like mice and rats and such since all my posts in this thread are apparently about the lil' critters....

The link below is a picture of biceps muscle of arm “肱二头肌”,called as “小老鼠” in our daily life.

http://images.google.com/imgres?imgurl=http://www.cosm.org.cn/cosm/uploadfile/200511234038625.jpg&imgrefurl=http://www.cosm.org.cn/cosm/ReadNews.asp%3FNewsID%3D334&h=288&w=223&sz=18&hl=zh-CN&start=3&tbnid=tTSWZEIoUNIyqM:&tbnh=115&tbnw=89&prev=/images%3Fq%3D%25E8%2582%25B1%25E4%25BA%258C%25E5%25A4%25B4%25E8%2582%258C%26svnum%3D10%26hl%3Dzh-CN%26newwindow%3D1

ok, no native speaker have verified this 小老鼠 expression, but then out of the blue, I stumbled upon another meaning of 小老鼠, meaning @. Apparently (or according to my coworker) Cantonese people say this....so instead of 圈"A" for @ you can say just 小老鼠 .

Anyone know for sure or actually say this....I'm going to start anyway since it's funner than saying 'at' or 圈"A"

Yes. When people mention their email to others, they say, “我的电邮地址是XYZ 小老鼠 163 点com (XYZ@163.com). ”

Thanks!

I'm not a native Mandarin speaker so can't comment there, but certainly in Cantonese (which I speak natively), the bicep is often referred to as a 老鼠。

This doesn't help with your original question, but at least we know it's not just Korean.

Y