Chinese-Forums

Teach yourself chinese

Weronika

thanks, yes I did it and I'll do the other lessons too, I think it's useful for students who study from Teach Yourself chinese book. This book is quite good for beginners I think.

For "kudra"'s advise, i replaced the word idiom to 'words' because they are not idioms. Sorry for that mistake :)

I'll try another format.

You're welcome. Not sure if we can keep it there for copyright reasons (sh) but here's more

I spent a lot of time on it but there's no point for me keeping it just for myself here's more Teach Yourself Beginner's Chinese this text was purely in pinyin, I converted it to Chinese characters, error-checked several times I still have some doubts about the choice of characters for a few personal names but I checked with native speakers some of them (on this forum too)

Teach Yourself Beginners' Chinese - all units.doc

The teach yourself beginner is another book?

Yes, it's a different book and it has more and better audio and learning pace is much more consistent. The main drawback was missing Chinese characters.

http://www.teachyourself.co.uk/lbegChi.htm

0340870214.jpg

I see there were some downloads of both files. Any feedback/corrections will be appreciated.

• 4 weeks later...

Weronika

These files are not very helpful.

How can you teach yourself Chinese if there are not any English or French or Spanish words for the native speaker of those languages to be able to read and understand.

If I sent you a few pages of Thai characters it would not help you learn Thai would it ?

Kind regards

Digby

The files are meant to be supplementary to a course entitled Teach Yourself Chinese. Trying to use them as standalone resources probably won't be very successful - although the file I just downloaded does have pinyin, English and what I can only assume is Budapestian next to the characters.